Chapter 26

NOTE FROM AUTHOR: From this point, these chapters have never been published before, so this is the beginning of me finishing the book. All chapters previous to this had been published at an earlier point which is why there are not as many views/comments on these from this point on.

reason

Y/n's Pov

Y/n's Pov.

It had been almost 20 minutes. Jisung was still in the same room talking to this woman and my feet were starting to get restless. The woman was wearing a tight black suit and looked as if she had some angry words to say to my brother. I wished that I could hear what they were saying but they were too far away in a shut room.

"What if she does something to my brother?" I whispered with a worried expression.

"She won't. Trust me, it could lose her reputation and her job if she did that." Hyunjin reassured me taking hold of my arm again. Sungmi, I guess, would want him to do that.

Thinking back through everything that had happened I couldn't believe that I was not the main personality, I was just a fragment of what someone had created in their mind. But I felt so real... and my memories had gone back since I was young. This metal illness was such a horrible one. I just wanted to be me...

"He's coming out, look." My head shot up seeing Jisung holding open the door for the woman. They instantly started heading in our direction and I was partially confused to what we should do. Do we let her see us? Is that what Jisung wants? They came up to us and the woman looked at me and Hyunjin, one after the other.

"Jisung has explained your situation. I understand that he was the one who allowed Caleb to come with us, but I'm afraid we can't give him back." I felt my fist clench and a tear roll down my cheek which I had been holding in. I knew this was going to be plan A's outcome.

"What do you mean? Why not?" I asked anyway wanting to know her reason.

"It's not like I don't want to, we have done enough tests on him. It's just... he hasn't woken up now in 2 days now."

My heart dropped and Jisung looked at me with a worrisome expression.

"He what- where is he, please I need to see him."

"Come this way." She held up her ID badge and all three of us hopelessly followed after her. But she was helping us seemingly at least so I wasn't going to be too negative about the situation. It took a while to reach the room but she scanned her badge until it made a small noise and she opened up the door entering first.

"Here he is." We all walked fully into the room and saw Caleb chained up to a chair his eyes closed, not even any signs of life.

"He is breathing isn't he." My worried voice shot out and I rushed up nearer to him holding my fingers under his nose and I was relieved to feel a breath. He was alive... but just not awake.

I looked over at Hyunjin who was just staring in front of him.
"I can't believe he truly is still alive after all this time of thinking he was dead..."

—————————
Author's Pov:

Hyunjin was staring at Caleb who still hadn't moved an inch since they entered the room. Hyunjin just couldn't believe his old best friend was like this. Jisung hadn't said anything but instead he noticed the woman who had let them in here standing there. He moved over to her and started to ask her about what tests she had done on Caleb.

"Let's speak about this outside." She told him and he nodded simply following her outside. Left in the room was just Hyunjin and Y/n as they both were unsure what the right thing to do was.

"I feel to blame." Y/n said and Hyunjin watched her hand touch Caleb's forearm. It was almost an unbearable sight to him. He knew it was deep jealousy that others had normal relationships. Sungmi was right, with Y/n here, he wouldn't be able to have Sungmi. Even though he knew that was Y/n in front of him and not Sungmi, it still hurt him to see her touching his old best friend in such a way.

"What was Caleb like now?" Hyunjin asked her after a while hoping she'd step back now.

"He was totally cold. Violent too, like a complete psychopath." She muttered and Hyunjin couldn't imagine how he had ever gotten like that. He couldn't let out the secret not yet. He knew that if Caleb ever woke up, he'd die himself for letting it spill. He was there the night Caleb killed someone, and it still traumatised him, it was the end of their friendship that night. Then only weeks later, everything else happened. He knew that he should tell Y/n and Jisung, but he couldn't risk it not yet. Hyunjin noticed Y/n's hand quickly let go of Caleb's arm and her hand fell by her side like normal.

"He'll wake up soon, I promise."

"I don't want him to wake up, I'd rather he stayed dead."

Hyunjin didn't speak for a moment when her head shot to look at him. He gulped seeing the glare in her eyes and he locked eyes with her.

"Sungmi... you changed so suddenly."
She saw that the door to where we were was still closed and she picked up a medical instrument which was laying on the tray when Hyunjin rushed forward holding tightly to the hand it was in holding her into a tight hug with his other hand.

"Think about what you're doing Sungmi, you can't kill him, that would make you worse than him."

Hyunjin pressed his lips against the back of her neck missing being able to do that, knowing that he wouldn't be able to in the near future. He heard the metal dropping to the floor as it made a crash sound.

"You're right I must be out my mind."

He looked at her and he looked between her eyes. He could see both Y/n and Sungmi in her now it felt strange.

"I always wondered why you fainted between changes." He muttered. "Maybe the body was trying to reject it before. Or not being able to cope."

"Hyunjin." She quietly stated and he looked at her while within close proximity still. She didn't say anything else but quickly pulled his face towards her as she started kissing him completely taking him off guard. All this was making his heart race. Her hands wrapped around his neck when Hyunjin's hand knocked something off the tray as it fell onto Caleb's arm but they didn't notice.

Hyunjin was captivated by her touch, he would do anything for her in that moment.

——————————

The tool had cut the skin as a blood trail started to drip to the floor. But it was enough, enough to initiate his pain receptors. Enough to make Chan realise he wanted to live. More than anybody else in his body. Because he had such a reason to live, and that reason was Y/n because he truly loved her, it wasn't any shallow lust, he truly loved her. So he opened his eyes first.

"What... the hell.. are you doing?"