Fifteen

Reader's view

When you open your eyes, you are in a little room with wooden walls.

The pain is not that harsh now, bandages are all over your body. Infusion carriage next to the bed.

Your katana is resting besides your right hand.

You carefully touch your side where the worst wound was, and your memories are coming back.

I screamed for him, then passed out. When I got back my consciousness, I was hanging on that rope.

They told it's my fault that Ace, the Pirate King's blood ran away.

They don't realise how little was my act compared to the pirates. I was just a very little part of his survival.

I told them this, not for myself but because this is the truth.

That acid user had a some friends at the Navy, and they died in the war. They tortured me as revenge.

But at my training as a marine I was prepared to such a situation, and I didn't scream or cry to entertain them.

If I have to die, I will do my best to die with pride.

But Doflamingo came.

And he forgot to block me. I felt that he cared for me. Probably just because my power is rare, but still.

He has more inside. I believed that there are nothing else than the bad thoughts, but the more time I spend beside him, he showes little signs of the opposite.

I want to help him.

I want to believe in him.

I probably shouldn't of course, but I will try even if I die for it.

If he wants to kill me one day, there will be nothing I can do against him anyway.

The door opens silently, and your head turns there.

Doffy?

-You are awake. -says Crocodile, coming in. He closes the door and sits to the end of your bed.

No (Y/N), don't you dare to miss him. He is still cruel and dark, no matter if he cared for you.

But the emotions he felt when he stitched me are to vivid.

It's not the time to think about my feelings.

You nod to Crocodile.

-You slept for a few days, but the doctor said you will be fine. -he smiles. -That pink bastard did good work with your wounds... -he stops here for a few seconds. -We will set sail tonight.

Your eyes widen as you look at the huge man.

-You decided to come with Doflamingo?

Crocodile laughs.

-I would never be that desperate, (Y/N). But he left you here, he said you are not strong enough to waste his time. But as your brother I will take care of you. You can be a pirate with me, or I will find you a peaceful island to live on. -he says, then lights up a cigar.

Your heart misses a beat.

-When did he leave? -you ask, trying to hold back your thoughts.

But Crocodile probably noticed something because his brows run up a bit.

-He stayed on the island while you were unconscious and checked you a few times every day. He said he has some business on this island, but when the doc said you will likely wake up today, he started to prepare to set sail. I think they are leaving in the moment.