Twenty-three

A few hours later

Either of you moved for a long time.

Your ability orbits around, still sharing every emotion between the two of you. Doffy seems powerless as he holds you by his body, and it hurts to see.

For the first time since you met him, you feel like he is relying to you and your care to heal, and not the other way around.

I believed that he will shot me.

Being by his side again...

He was so hurt.

What did he went through in the past, that he is so afraid of his own feelings?

And after he couldn't do it, he wanted to send me away, because he was scared of attacking me again.

You can't stop shaking, Doffy.

But what else could show your love for me, if not the fact of how you try to protect me from yourself?

The night slowly comes and as the Sun disappears on the horizon, Doflamingo calms down little by little.

When you feel it you lead back your power, letting the lilac gleams disappear in your skin where they were born.

Don't worry, Doffy. I will never leave you, because I am the only one who can understand and accept you.

Everything you are.

The only light left is the hazy clarity of the stars and the Moon, painting everything with silver-like rays.

He avoids your gaze and looks up to the sky. You stroke the side of his face and he leans it to your palm, his lips leave a soft, caring kiss on your skin. You smile and lean forward to push your forehead to his wide chest.

As you breath out the cold air of the night, his tanned skin warms it up. When it reaches your face again it strokes your lips the way he does it with his mouth gently.

When you move a little and lean back after this long time he shivers, but his eyes stay on the stars.

But his tears dried up.

You kiss his forehead tenderly, carressing his cheek.

It's okay.

-Do you feel better, Doffy?

He still looks a bit empty.

I know you need a little time.

-Are you sure you want to stay with me? I was ready to kill you. -he growls.

-But you didn't. Forget it. You decided to let me live and it is more than enough.

He takes a deep breath and smile.

-You won't go no matter what I say, will you?

-I would rather kill you, idiot. -you chuckle. He pulls you back into his warm arms and finally looks at you.

Doflamingo carefully stands up holding you, heading to the down. He pays attention to not touch your injured back.

-We have to clean your wound, Dowly. -he whispers and presses his lips to your forehead to protect your body from the cold of the midnight.

(...)

Doffy takes you back to the mansion where you spent the nights of the last three days with him.

You take down your bloody shirt, turning your back to him.

At first he doesn't start the stitching but pulls his hand over the ripped skin. You feel his guilt appear again.