Seventeen

You sit beside the barrier, watching the sea, attendant on some stolen bottles of sake from the kitchen.

When you finish one you throw it into the waves, and watch it drawing off to the blue.

What was I thinking?

Law's face shows up in your mind. You haven't seen him since White Town, since the day you lost your parents. Kuzan probably could find out where he is, but you...

I'm not strong enough to reach my own brother.

He was at Marineford too, but you only saw his submarine when he took Strawhat and Jinbei.

I wonder if they knew each other already.

Then Red-haired Shanks appeared, the war ended. You ran away with Ace and Marco, but you never had a chance to see Strawhat and Law again.

A few days later you got a 200 million berry bounty and decided to leave the Whitebeard pirates who took you in.

There was only one pirate group I could belong to, and it was Law's.

You throw the next glass into the blue. It was the last one. You look at your body, still covered with the injuries.

A deep cut on your arm ripped, your blood is slowly flowing down. You watch the little red drop falling on the deck.

I play with Doflamingo when I can't settle the only thing that matters.

I can't have that much time left to live and I gave up on hope long ago.

-I can't stay here for long. Not until I meet him again. -you whisper to yourself.

Doffy...

For some reason I still didn't let him go.

I could have stay with Crocodile, but I chose to come with him. There has to be a reason.

He made me feel something.

I will stay by his side and maybe one day he will trust me enough to let me go.

Then, I can meet Law again.

I still have a few years left after all. I must have...

This was my choice, when I ran to reach him on that island, without any other thought.

You take a deep breath and a moment later you hear his deep voice behind you.

-Doshita na, Dowly?

You turn your head to face him.

-What is it, Doffy? -you return the question.

-I prefer wine. -he smiles and sits beside you.

You glance at him, but he doesn't look at you.

-Where are we going? -you ask.

-To start your training. You said you will sit on the Heart Seat, but you are too weak now. -he chuckles and you elbow his side.

But he is right.

-What is love, Doffy? -you ask suddenly. He starts laughing loudly.

Maybe I shouldn't have drunk the fifth bottle. Not that I'm drunk, but when I drink this much I always say what's on my mind.

-There is no love in this world. -he smirks, leaning on the barrier with his long arms.

The sunlight glints on his sunglasses and earrings.