Thirty-six

Rosinante gasps and facepalms, you see as he flicks to create silence. Your left eyebrow lifts in confusion.

Why? I wasn't loud at a...

He punches you in the face so hard you fall back to the ground.

-ARE YOU COMPLETELY, HOPELESSLY DUMB? -he yells, pushing his hands into his silky blonde hair frustratedly.

I hear this a bit too many times from Donquixotes.

You smile, touching your cheek where his fist reached your skin.

-Probably I am. -you chuckle and stand up, sweeping off the dust from your dress.

His eyes twitch and your heart aches, because it's the same that Doffy did every time when you annoyed him.

-How can I meet Law if I let his little sister run into her death?! -shouts Rosinante, slowly coming down by the wall. -You can't go. There is no way to survive that place. Please don't do this to me, [Y/N]!

-There was someone who did it. -you answer confidently. -It was Strawhat two years ago, to free his brother. And Crocodile escaped with them. He was most likely kept where they have Doffy now!

Rosinante shakes his head. -No. Doffy has some informations about... a secret from Marie Joise. They must have separated him completely from the world, even from the other prisoners.

-Then I will search for him.

The man lours. -You have no chance against Magellan. Not to mention the plenty of other enemies you will face. I can't let you go to your death. Not just for Law. I don't want you to die, especially this fatuously!

You grab his hand and smile.

-If I can just find him and give back everything I took, that's more than enough, Rosi!

He slaps you again and you laugh, rubbing your painful cheek.

-I'm not a child. -you say. -And I am strong, you can't keep me here with force.

He frowns, kicking the dust pissedly.

Doffy, being pissed fits you much better than him. Rosi is just too kind to act like this.

-Why are you this blockhead?! -he sighs.

Genetics it is, darling.

-I can do it. Believe in me. If I use my ability well, I can reach the lowest level. -you state and your hand to help him up too. He looks at you and takes a deep breath.

-Then I will go with you. -Rosinante growls.

-No, I have to go alone. That's my best chance. You would make a stir.

-But even if you find and free Doffy, you think he won't make a little stir too?! -he shouts.

-That's the future's problem. -you chuckle and Rosinante facepalms again, standing up by himself. He huffs loudly and takes yout hand to lead you away towards the port.

-Let's go and find a ship. We can discuss this on the sea in safe too. -he grumbles and you smile at the little victory, placing your hat back.

(...)

The port is quite empty like the most of the country. The people are all in the city to help with the ruins and the restoration.

How could everything become this terrible just in one day?

How strong are you, Doffy?

There are only a few ships left, since the pirates and the most of the marines have already left. But as Viola said, there are some little ones that nobody uses anymore.