Forty-one

[A/N]

Update 2023:
*this was the 40th before I added a chapter*

Chapter 40. I never thought I will make it this far in the story, but it's thanks to all of you, for your support.

To be honest, a little rough part is coming again in the story, but we are getting closer to the planned ending.

Although I decided to celebrate the 40th, so this will (hopefully) be a calmer and sweeter one.

Thank you for reading, everyone 💫

~

Doffy's view, an hour later

I keep her as close to my body as I can.

How could you come to this place for me, Dowly?

She told the blonde man everything that was missing about the time when he was knocked out by the poison, and about the time they spent apart.

Doffy strokes over her bare back gently, protecting the fragile body with his strong arms.

She fell asleep a few minutes ago on his chest, with her hands still clenching to his neck and side.

He tilts his head when she shivers a bit and takes the prison's shirt to cover her figure.

I wish I have my coat around.

Doflamingo carefully sits up, wrapping his huge body around hers. He sees as a slight smile appearing on her lips.

-I'm not cold around you ever. You shouldn't worry. -she whispers and leaves a slight kiss on his skin.

I don't have anything mean in my mind to answer.

He stays silent so she glances up.

-Are you okay?

Doffy laughs and pulls her chin up a bit.

-How the hell wouldn't I? But it was a bit woeful that you fell asleep after only one round, fufufu.

Maybe I have, after all.

-Rude. -she growls and hits his chest, making him chuckle louder. -It's not my fault. I... couldn't sleep more than one or two hours a day since I lost you in Dressrosa.

-Why?

-I had nightmares every night. Mostly about what I did to you. About your... state at the time. -she murmurs and turns the way she can hide her face with her hair.

-I didn't have nightmares at all. -he answers. -I don't think there was anything left to feel bad.

A tear falls on my skin.

-I'm sorry, Doffy.

-Stop whining, it's deadly annoying. -he growls, but pulls her up a bit to run his hands in her locks.

It's okay.

-You are deadly annoying! -she protests and sits up.