Forty-five

Reader's side

Doffy pulls you in his arms, glaring at the poison on your skin. His face darkens and he turns back to the direction of the prison immediately.

-We are going back. You need an antidote before it's too late. -he growls.

You shake your head.

-You know you can't win against both Fujitora and Magellan by yourself, Doffy. Especially if you have to protect me too since I... can't protect myself anymore. -you whisper, reaching for his cheek.

Just stay by my side.

-When did he...?!

-When I stopped you from killing him. But it doesn't matter. It was his duty.

Doflamingo's whole body tenses up, he holds you tightly.

-I will murder him. -he whispers silently. You see the gleam of cruelity and anger in his eyes.

-Doffy. -you take his hand. -You can't go back. You know it well. If you do, both of us will die there.

He doesn't move, just keeps glaring at your leg.

His strings go around the poisoned area, covering your skin, so he can hug you freely without touching the purple venom.

He buries his face into your hair, his hands stroking your back.

Everything is so peaceful here.

Just you and me, and the endless sky-blue sea around us.

-Why do you ask me to let you die? -he whispers against your skin. You start crying silently as you answer.

-I just ask you to live.

He freezes.

-Take me to Sabaody, Doffy. Please.

Doflamingo's tense body shakes. You touch his arm, forcing your ability to come out.

His sorrow hits you and you crawl closer to his body, showing him the infinite love you feel when you are in his arms.

-Let me choose the place where I die. I can't make it through the night. You know it too. -you cry. Your tears are falling to his emphatic collarbone.

-I will take you to a hospital.

-They don't have anything against Magellan's poison. Doffy. You have to take me to Taru's grave. I have to see it one last time!

You want to continue but your body succumbs as the venom starts working. Doffy's eyes widen again.

-Dowly! Don't lea...

-To the 51th Grove. A little entrance hidden between the roots on the north. It leads to the grave. I...

You can't finish the sentence. You scream as the posion reaches your vital organs.

The waterdrops from his beautiful golden blue eyes soak your hair and your neck under it.

-Doffy. -you whisper silently.

He starts yelling from the bottom of his heart.

The voice is so painful and hopeless that your heart falls into pieces hearing it.

I'm so sorry.

You clenche on him as strongly as you can. When he finishes, his body is still tense.

Doflamingo's face becomes empty and dark.

You have seen this a few times before. It always happens when he can't control his emotions anymore. He just pushes everything back, as you did in most of your life.