Thirty-nine

-You are the young woman from the palace. Gladius said you died on the way to the prison. -he murmurs and moves away from your hand. -Don't touch me!

You are not Doffy yet, right?

Even in chains, he can break your arm easily if you act recklessly.

-If you let me, I will free you. -you state. His grin appears again.

-And why should I trust you?

-I came all the way here. I stole the keys of your cuffs. -you whisper, holding back your tears.

I'm sorry. So sorry.

-Just let me touch you. You will understand everything after. Worth a try, doesn't it?

He looks you up and down, then slowly nods. You take a deep breath, reaching for his cheek again. You go closer, and push your forehead to his.

His presence fills your heart with joy. Your body shivers, being by his side again, touching his soft, redolent skin.

Just a few seconds.

.
.
.

You carefully search for the hidden light inside your mind, bringing it back to the surface.

And your ability appears, at first not so strongly. You cup his face with your hands, stroking the similar features. Tears appear in your eyes, but this time it's for your happiness.

Your breath is a bit ragged just centimeters far from his mouth.

You close your eyes to focus on your task.

I can't miss any little details. I have to bring back the real you.

You feel as his mouth slightly opens as you do it. You can't stand it anymore and lean forward, catching his lips with yours wishfully.

You kiss him feeling like it makes you stronger than anything else.

So much time passed.

Your tears start to flow down on your face and you curl around his chest tightly.

The lilac gleam is getting more and more beautiful like a protecting wall around your bodies.

And little by little as you return the missing part of his soul...

Doffy kisses you back, as passionately as always. His hands dig into your back as he presses you against himself.

I missed you more than anything.

Your skin is as soft as I remembered. Your arms are as strong as I remembered.

Your warmth is the same.

You give one last kiss at his lips before you lean back a little slowly, crying happily. The weight of his light disappeared.

His face is a bit empty.

He needs a few seconds before he gets back consciousness.

You search for the keys in your pocket and quickly try to find the right one to free him.

It's the fifth one.

They see you as the most dangerous threat.

You remember what Rosinante told you once.

Doffy has some informations about a secret from Marie Joise.

You take off his chains, free his legs and arms, throwing the Seastone away. When you finish you want to turn back to him but...