Thirty-one

Half an hour later

It took some time for him to calm down. He was really happy and very sad at the same time, this was hard for you too.

Doffy doesn't often show his feelings but this time he couldn't stop them.

You hold him tightly, carefully stroking his back until he breathes quietly again. When you feel it, you kiss his temple.

-Thank you. -he whispers to your ear and you shiver from the warm breath that leaves his mouth.

-Are you okay, Doffy? -you ask, leaning back to see his face.

-Don't give me this look. I'm fine now. -he smiles and cups your face, leaving a kiss at your lips as he stands up. -I will take a shower. Want to join?

Do you have to ask every time?

So fast change in attitude. But both of us know that inside you will keep thinking about everything that happened.

-Not now, thanks. -you answer and he pouts like a child who lost his favourit toy.

This man...

You giggle at his face, standing on the bed to hug him one more time. He plays with a lock of your hair before leaving your embrace.

He crouches down and pulls out a box from under the bed.

-You can kill the time with this if you don't want to come. After I finish, I will take you to a nice place. -he grins, then bites your neck roughly out of the blue.

You hiss and jump back, touching your skin where he shed your blood.

-WHAT THE FUCK YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!

His smirk grows wider.

-We will go out, so I marked my territory.

You facepalm and he starts laughing, making his way to the bathroom.

-What a bitch... -you murmur, touching your neck to smudge off the blood.

-I heard you! -he shouts.

-That was the goal! -you yell back and hear him growling.

You look at the box he gave to you, shaking it a bit to guess what's inside. But Doffy comes back and you accidentally drop the whole thing down when you see him.

Not even the sunglasses?

-Can't you take a towel?! -you whisper-yell. He smiles, leaning to the doorframe.

-You have seen me like this not once, stop acting shy. -laughs Doffy, pulling his hand over his muscular chest.

You turn redder than the lenses of his sunglasses.

When he sees it, a satified smirk appears and he goes back to the bathroom, just winks back at you on his way.

No, no, [Y/N].

I won't do as he wants, I will stay here.

As you hear the water flowing, your attention turns back to the strange box.

You carefully open it and your jaw drops.

Photos.

On the top, there is a group picture of the whole Donquixote Family, with Law. It must be more than thirteen years old. Baby 5 is standing beside him. They are both just kids.

A tear appears in the corner of your eyes, as you stroke your brother's image.

He looks exactly the same here as I remember him.