Twenty-two

He starts laughing so hard that you fall out of his protective arms.

-Good joke, Dowly. -he smiles, but frowns when you catch his hand, using your power.

-I'm not lying and it was not a joke. -you whisper, not looking into his eyes. You sit back, like one meter far from him.

You see as his hands start to shake slightly, the golden blue eyes wide and empty as he looks at you.

I'm sorry, Doffy.

I only lied because I never thought I would be able to love you.

-You are not his sister. -he states. -You can't be.

-I am. I lied because I didn't trust you. Law is my secret ever since I left White Town. He is my brother, who I tried to find in the last sixteen years. -you whisper and move your hand to his cheek. His frowned gaze follows your movements.

I hate to admit it, but I'm scared of you now.

I'm scared what will you do, how will you react. But I'm not afraid of you hurting me.

I'm afraid of you hurting yourself.

-But now I trust you, Doffy. Even if you have some history with him that I don't know ab...

He catches your arm and throws you away, standing up. He is pressing his own forehead with both hands, then yells at you.

-HOW ARE YOU STILL ALIVE THEN?!

You shiver, touching your skin above your chest. As you feel his anger his warmth that keeps out the pain is fading.

You stop your tears and block your own power, trying to get up. Your body trembles as you try to move, get closer to him again.

He is so strong.

He recoils as he sees you getting paler, and slowly sits back at the grass. You know that he is fighting to keep himself calm.

Doffy...

He buries his face into his hands when he tries to hide his anger.

You don't want to hurt me, right?

Just please, let me help you.

You stand up and try to go closer. But his strings go around you, and when your body strikes to the tree you scream. Then he lets you fall down.

You touch your back where the shirt ripped. Your skin rived by the wood.

When you hiss and look back you see him glaring at you, without the sunglasses. His beautiful eyes are wide and empty as he looks at your body that he damaged.

His face darkens when he sees the blood on your hand.

-Doffy, it's okay! Everything is okay! You can be mad, you can hurt me but I will forgive you! -you yell to bring him back to reality.

His fists clenche. You don't dare to go close again.

Even if you love me, you are not completely yourself now. If you pushed me away two times in a row, I'm afraid what would happen if I try again.

You want to hug him, comfort him. But he is too vagarish now.

-My name was Lammy, long time ago. -you start, sitting the way he can't see your bleeding back.

He is still looking at you but not even a muscle moves.

I don't dare to reach out for him with my ability. I'm so scared to feel what is going on.