Twenty-five

You wake up to the light shining into your face. Doffy is still asleep. You are lying beside him, resting your head on his upper arm. He protectively holds his hands on your head and back as he sleeps, his forehead touching yours a little.

How can you sleep in sunglasses?

You slowly sit up and kiss his cheek gently, covering him back with the feather coat. He grumbles when you leave the bed, turning to his other side.

-I will take the pink one... -he whispers in his sleep with a satisfied smirk, making you smile.

At least not a bad dream.

You take back your clothes from the side of the bed and he wakes up as you move.

-Good morning, Doffy. -you smile and lean down to kiss him. He kisses you back and catches your hand.

-Stay.

-I will come back soon. -you promise and run your hands in his blonde hair. He hums a little and pulls up the coat to hide his face a bit as he sleeps back.

He looks adorable like this.

You tie up your hair and go down to the kitchen to get something for breakfast.

I haven't really cooked since I left the marines.

But maybe I should make something for us.

You open the refrigerator and find some stuff, but nothing special.

You move some sweets aside, finding a black bowl with a red "DON'T TOUCH IT" sign on it with Doffy's messy handwriting.

A smile forms on your lips.

Let's touch it.

(...)

You span the meat on the stove and listen to its fizzling.

Why would someone lock up barbeque sauce like it's poison?

You sigh.

I will never understand this man...

I guess he just wanted to do it himself, thinking that I would ruin it. Egoist.

You huff at the thought and take some of the sauce with a spoon, spilling it on the meat.

I hope I'm doing it right though.

But it looks good and the scent is really amazing. I wonder if it reached him too by no-

And you hear Doffy screaming from the bedroom.

SCREAMING?!

You throw down the spoon, running to him.

A nightmare?! I just left and...

But this is something else. Something you never thought you would hear from his voice.

Panic.

Before you could reach the room he storms out, almost making you lose the balance.

He runs through the kitchen with his damn long legs, picks up the pan with everything in it, and throws it out the window with full force, breaking the glass into pieces.

Doffy closes the bowl of the sauce, and it follows the pan a second later.

You blink at the scene with dropped jaw.

Your eyes widen, as you see him standing at the broken window, glaring outside with sweatdrops on his forehead, breathing heavily.

He is wearing trousers but he didn't even stop to take his coat with him.