If You Can't Take The Heat

Quick warning! Swearing is used in this chapter! Also, sorry about the all over the place writing!

"Last time on Total Drama Island... Our competitors became hunters. And the hunted. Owen's game was way off. And when he finally caught wind of his prey, he totally blew it. And Cody made a new friend who quickly beat the crap out of him. Can anyone say medivac? In a weird and strangely watchable twist, Leshawna, Lindsay, Beth, and Heather turn their paintball guns on each other. It was a full on wrasse for dominance within the females of The Gopher Squad and the Gophers were sent to the bonfire. In the end, however, it was Cody who got the shaft. [Y/N] and Duncan got cozy, is there a first relationship on the Island? The Gophers are still the underdogs. Can they bounce back? Or is their goose finally cooked? Find out tonight on Total. Drama. Island!"

That night I slept like a baby. It had been years since I'd slept through the night, dreamless and happy. That morning, I rose early, my limbs loose and relaxed. The night before had been wonderful. Bridgette and I were up for quite some time, giggling like little girls. It was pure joy. Stretching slightly, I heard the commotion in the cabin beside us. The boys. Rolling my eyes, I slipped out of bed quietly, cautious to not wake the girls around me. In my oversized shirt and shorts, I slid out the cabin door, seeing Harold heading to the showers, an embarrassed and angry look on his face. I rose my brow, before continuing my journey to the guy's cabin. The door was open slightly, allowing me to listen in.

"I think Harold needs to be taught a lesson, boys. Who's with me?" Duncan asked, and the boys cheered in agreement. Frowning, I pulled the door open, leaning against the door frame. Crossing my arms over my chest, I sighed.

"And why are you plotting against poor Harold?" I queried, all three of them jumping slightly. I fixed my gaze on all three of them, tapping my fingers on my arm impatiently.

"Look, the dude has a habit of leaving dirty, used clothing around. Duncan got a close-up of them this morning." Geoff explained, and Duncan flinched at the thought. I shook my head, brushing the strands of hair out of my face.

"So you're all plotting a way of making sure he never does it again?" I asked once more, and they all nodded in unison. I rubbed my temples.

"My god, you all have some serious issues."

"Today's challenge will test your minds, your teamwork, and your skills in the kitchen! You'll be cooking a three-course meal and serving it to me for tasting. The winners get a reward and the losers will send somebody home. Each team will appoint a head chef to create the theme of the meal and to oversee the cooking. To cook, you need ingredients. Every morning, a truck brings us food. Today's task starts there." Chris gestured to a food cart, with a dolphin in the driver's seat. How was that even possible? Discussions soon began, everyone pitching in their idea of our courses.

"We could do a killer Italian theme!" Geoff piped in, causing heads to nod in agreement, mine apart of them. Pasta, Pizza, damn was I missing home.

"Hello, Head Chef!" Duncan stated, the group nodding once more. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Courtney huff, annoyed. That girl had some anger problems. As Geoff instructed, we each grabbed particular crates of food, all included in the Italian theme we were planning to go for. My stomach rumbled, and a chuckle was heard from beside me.

"You got a person in there or something?" Duncan smirked, causing me to laugh.

"No, but the food out here isn't that great," I replied, before he dug into one of the crates. Pulling out a mini breadstick, he threw it in my direction. Shooting me a wink, he took his crate and left. Shoving the carb-filled delicacy in my mouth, I chewed it quickly, glancing around to make sure no one had seen. Picking up my crate once more, I followed behind the delinquent, a smile gracing my lips.