Chapter 12 : Nemesis

Lost in his eyes, I was completely making use of his presence. But I guess Jasper was not ready to co-operate. He suddenly got up adjusting his sleeves.

How unromantic.

"Sorry. I didn't see this thing kept in front here." He said seating himself back.

"Take it easy. Now tell me about the person who took it away and how." I was back to the story. It's the only way to keep him around me for long.

"Her name is Melisandre. She's from one of the most evil witch bloodline." He pressed his palm to the hand of the couch.

"SHE? It's a she? Damn, I didn't see that coming."

"Not only evil but she's also one of the most beautiful witch alive still. That's the main reason why I lost my wand to her. I fell for her beauty and she stabbed me back and fled." Jasper clenched his fist.

He was in love?

"Anyways, curious to see her? We will one day pretty soon. Before that I'll show a glance." He said smiling.

I nodded and just like the previous one this time also the dust was collected and all were dancing around his hands. Slowly a female figure appeared.

"Oopp---" I covered my mouth with hands. She was looking like a badass evil goddess.

Now I understand why he fell for her. Her striking beauty is no joke. Long blonde hair, appealing figure, fierce eyes can make anyone sit on their knees.

"What's the matter? Have you seen her somewhere? Why so shocked?" He waved his hand at me.

"No. I don't know her but I understand what made you love her in the first place. How can anyone resist her. I get that." I don't know why but I sounded quite off and disappointed.

I must contain my jealousy. He can smell it easily. For god's sake Ray calm down. It's all in the past. Now she's your rival. And yes, I still have my chance. Hahaha.

"Are you upset about something? Your tone changed completely" Jasper moved closer to me, trying to read my face.

Jesus Christ!!! Why is he coming close? Testing my patience? I may turn red. Move away Ray!!

"Upset? Me? Never. Ok tell me what actually made her take this sacred thing from you?" The only way to change topic.

"My first kiss. I thought she loved me for who I am and not for any of my powers. She proved me wrong. It was hardly a year for our love been blossomed and before that she showed her true colors." He stopped for a while and continued.

"All she wanted was my wand. That evil witch used me, crushed my heart. One morning she kissed me telling how deeply she's in love and poisoned me through her lips. Stole my wand and destroyed my land. It took me two centuries to recover from her poison and make my land alive again. Because of my one silly mistake, my family's and people's life were at stake." Jasper folded his hands and took a deep sigh.

First love and first kiss betrayed him very brutally. How can I ever mend his broken heart? By now he would be hating the word 'Love' so badly.

I looked at Jasper and he was lost in his thoughts. Without giving a second thought, I turned and hugged him. Slowly patting his back. For the first time he didn't fight or resisted. That's when I realised how madly he loved that evil woman.

"I find a mysterious peace near you." He said hugging me back.

Wait what!!! Did he really say that???!!!