Chapter 22

*HOSEOK'S POV*

When Y/n walked out of the café, I saw the light reflecting in her eyes making the tears visible for a split second.

I knew she would be hurt, that's why I wasn't ready to tell her about Sana.

"Doesn't she know?" The girl across me asked.

"She does. But she loves him to the extent that she is ready to save his life sacrificing her happiness." I sighed.

"She is not actually sacrificing, you know?"

I nodded and got up to leave.

"A-Are you leaving already?" She asked.

"Is there any reason to stay?"

"Hoseok..." She looked down.

_

A few days ago~

I was on my way to the University when I met Sana. It was shocking to see her in our neighborhood since Namjoon said that she left him I thought a saying a word.

At first, I didn't quite recognize her since it has been a long time but I was confirmed when she approached me.

"Jung Hoseok, how have you been?" She greeted with a —what seemed like a genuine smile, much vulnerable than what I've witnessed years ago.

"I'm good." I said briefly, returning back a short smile. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I wanted to meet you."

"Me?" I pointed my index finger at me and she nodded.

"I wanted to apologize for whatever I've done back then at school." She looked down.

"Why now?" I asked. "Why are you apologizing now when we have already faced the mysery of your foolish actions and moved on?"

"Because all these years I've been regretting it as it killed me each and every day. I felt so cheap that it all started with a lie saying I liked Namjoon." A tear rolled down her eye and she quickly wiped it off, pretending to be strong.

I was so shocked at her words that it took me a while to process everything in my head. "So you didn't like Namjoon?"

She shook her head.

"I liked you Hoseok." She almost whispered but it was audible enough.

"Do you realize what you did, Sana? You broke so many people's hearts!" I raised my voice a bit.

"I know. And that's why I'm here to apologize."

"You should apologize to Y/n. Not me."

"I will. Because I'll have to protect Namjoon and only she can help me."

I frowned. "What do you mean?"

"I'll explain later. But for now, I'll have to go." She said but didn't move.

She fiddled with her fingers, looking like she was hesitating to say something which I found kinda cute but didn't express.

"Can we meet again sometime?" She finally asked with a blush on her cheeks. I almost smiled but contained it well.

"I guess." I said.

_

Present day ~

10 AM

Sana:
Hi, Hoseok!