Chapter 22

"Why did you open the door?" Jennie asked after noticing the low whistle of the wind through the gap. "It's raining."

"I like the sound of the rain." Lisa replied shortly. Jennie recounted what happened after they left the exhibition and it worried her that they have not talked about it yet. As soon as they got in the car, Lisa instructed the chauffer to drive them back to the condo and such instruction was the last thing Jennie heard from her until right this very moment. "Are you cold?"

Instead of answering the question, Jennie shrugged and sighed.

"I'll brush your hair. Come here." Lisa offered.

"It's okay." Jennie smiled flatly. She sat on the end of the bed and stared at her Lisa. She wondered what going on in her mind.

Was she in denial that she just saw Somi? Or was she trying to look like she did not care? Was she doing it for Jennie?

"How are you, Lisayah?"

"Me? Well."

"Well?"

"I'm well, honey. Why?" Lisa let out a half laugh. "I feel a lot better after the shower and the meds you provided me. Gomawo, honey."

"I don't mean that."

"You don't?" Lisa's lips thinned into a smile

"You don't?" Lisa's lips thinned into a smile. She stretched her hand in front of her, beckoning her girlfriend to join in her bed. "Come lay down with me."

"Yeah... in a while." Jennie stared outside the window where the city below has gone silent.

"Honey." The bed creaked gently as Lisa crawled and got herself behind Jennie. She rested her chin on her girlfriend's shoulder, rubbing her nose against Jennie's skin. She moved her hands up and down her arms before she laded both on Jennie's legs. Lisa loves it the most when Jennie wears her shirts with no shorts nor PJs on. "Come on, let's cuddle. I'm sleepy."

"How come you can sleep with me without.... actually sleeping with me?" Jennie questioned as she faced the Thai. She saw how Lisa hesitated at the question so instead of demanding for an answer, Jennie framed Lisa's cheeks in between her palms and slowly bridged the gap in between their lips.

Lisa, still wondering where the question came from, kissed her back with her hands being led inside Jennie's shirt. She was not sure what her lover was trying to do so she just did what she thought she was being asked.

 She was not sure what her lover was trying to do so she just did what she thought she was being asked