Chapter 16

Ella scurried inside Jennie's car, closing the door after her.

"Ella, did you?!"Jennie demanded accusingly, her eyes pinning on her younger sister.

"What? No! Why would I do that?!" Her sister replied, forehead creased in a dismayed manner. "Why will I do that to you, Jennie unnie?"

"I don't know! God," Jennie vented out as she pounded on the steering wheel. "How did he know?!"

"I don't know. Last night while we were having dinner... Dad asked me. He asked me if you are seeing someone and of course, I lied. I told him that I have no idea and we haven't talked about that," her sister relayed calmly. She held and rubbed Jennie's arm to soothe her. "And Dad, he didn't look convinced then he suddenly ask about Lisa unnie."

"Why does he know Lisa?"

"I also have no idea, Unnie."

"What did he say about Lisa?"

"He's asking who she is.. And I did not want to look too obvious unnie, so to finish the conversation, I told him that you guys are good friends and that is what I know. I am sorry, unnie. I really don't know why he knons."

"In the end, he knows?"

"Yes, Unnie. I know that Dad knows," Ella said. "Let's go. They are waiting."

Jennie started the engine of her car again then she cruised two streets down before they arrived in front of their house. Ella got out of the car to open the gates and let Jennie's car in the driveway. Jennie parked beside the family SUV. Her heart could burst out of panic and anxiousness but she kept herself in control.