Chapter 28

"Lisa?" Poking her head around the door, Somi reluctantly mouthed Lisa's name.

"Yah, Somi!" Lisa, surprised to see Somi in her office, had her voice go higher than usual. This made Somi giggle and god, how could Lisa not blush. "I didn't know you're here. Come in, pl--"

Too jittery and excited, Lisa hit her knee under her table knocking her bottle of lemonade off. She caught it with her left hand but hit her head on the table in the process. She groaned.

"You okay?" Lisa held an okay sign while rubbing her right temple. She tried to smile but ended up laughing with Somi. "Let me see!"

"Nah, it's fine."

"Maybe I am your idol."

"You got the stitches off already." Lisa noticed, still aware that Somi was so near her she could smell her sweet perfume. "Anyway, you're here."

"It was removed this morning though. I went to see some friends around this area and decided to drop by and invite you guys for lunch but I think I was a little late and they went to have lunch."

"Ahh, yeah

"Ahh, yeah. Jeongyeon was also inviting me. She said she could eat her hair because of being so hungry."

"And you? It's almost one

"And you? It's almost one. So.. lunch? My treat." Somi flashed her hopeful smile.

Lisa scratched the back of her head and glanced at the digital clock on the table top.

"Sorry, Somi, but I can't." She regretted. She watched the eagerness in Somi faint into disappointment. "I have uhm..."

"It's okay. I understand."

"No, it is not that I don't want to. It's just that-"

"You're picking up Jennie for lunch." Somi smiled halfheartedly as her gaze fell on the bouquet of daisies and sunflowers on top of the shelf.