Chapter 1

"Shit!"

Jennie silently cursed upon seeing a familiar face in the partying crowd. She reached for her phone and dialed her friend's number who was also in the same club as her but she just could not find after she got separated.

"Come on, Jisoo. Pick up."

She was hysterical and panicking, her legs moving away from him. She instantly regretted tagging along with her friends as the last thing she favored was seeing Kai, her ex, again. Her friend on the other line was inattentive so she had no choice but to just look for her.

She was being squeezed, bumped, touched but she could not care less knowing that Kai must have spotted her by now and was already following her.

"Jen! Jennie, wait."

"Damn," she cried out when her knee hit a wooden bar stool. She was practically barging and shoving people out of her way.

"Miss, watch where you're going!" one hissed while giving Jennie a hard look.

"Sorry," she replied meekly. Given another circumstance, she would raise her eyebrow and her tone in a confrontation but this time, she just did not want any unwarranted attention.

Finally, she sighted Jisoo and Chaeyoung, her two good friends. They look wasted having fun. Without looking back, she made her way to her friends but was caught in the arm.

"Jennie, please. Let's talk this out." Kai pleaded with his eyes. "Please."

Jennie no longer asked how he found her in a club when Kai hated clubs the most. She put on a hard cold face, not giving in to Kai's plead. Truth be told, she was not mad at him. Rather, she felt bad for the guy.

"Kai, we're done. Is it that hard to understand? It's already two months, Kai. Just give up."

Those words hit Kai hard as his eyes closed, preventing his tears from falling.

"What did I do, Jennie? Please, I'll make it up to you."

"It was not working, Kai. I told you that, didn't I?"

"If you fell out of love, babe, just give me a chance. I'll set things right. I'll make you fall in love-"

"Kai, I never loved you. I am sorry but I know I made it clear before, right? I don't love you, Kai. I am sorry."

"Bullshit, Jennie. How can you not love me? We were okay with your parents. Jennie, your parents love me."

"They do, Kai. I don't. Sorry."

And with that, Kai lost his discretion. He grabbed Jennie by her arm again firmly. She winced and tried to shove him away but Kai was persistent. He brought his lips to her skin- to her cheek, nose, lips. He was being harsh. Never did once Jennie kissed him and never did she let Kai taste her lips. She slapped him but Kai showed no signs of respect, his hands started crawling under Jennie's blouse.

"Kai, s-stop!"

"You love me! Say it! You still love me!"

"I don't!"

"You do, Jen. You do," he insisted and this time, he caressed her cheek, "I am sorry I did that but listen, babe. Let's work it out."

It will not work out. Jennie liked Kai, he was sweet and caring, but nothing more than a friend and even if she wanted to have feelings for him, she just could not stand Kai's obsession- he is always jealous, always inquisitive. Since she started dating Kai, she felt like there were always eyes spying her, shadow tailing her and her freedom. The only reason she gave him a chance was because her Dad asked him too as Kai's dad is a long time family friend.