Chapter 4

The Blackpink café was established by the four best friends- Lisa Manoban, Yoo Jeongyeon, Bambam, and Kang Seulgi, who after college, decided to invest in a business which was originally just for fun and convenience as they wanted a place they could always hang out to.   

However, after only about two years, the business grew far bigger than what they expected as different branches all over Seoul and even to the nearing towns around it started to pop out. Interested parties and clients started to join in, having full trust and confidence in the said partnership. Up-to-date, the business continues to be a success.

Soon, nevertheless, the business took toll on them- demanding more time and effort from the four. With this predicament, the partners decided to hire more people and expand its management. Being the biggest investor and the most adapt to business itself, Lisa became the managing partner with the other three as the general partners. They also used the help of their other friends- from supervising each store to marketing plans.

It was the last week of November and everyone in the main quarters of the partnership were busier than ever.  Lisa was slumping on her swivel chair, eyes strained on the laptop screen since the early morning. It was a usual day for her in the office.. only that at around 11 am, Bambam sent her an email that spoiled her good working spirits.

Taking a second glance at the pictures and articles attached thereunto, her heart winced in pain and broke a million times as after the longest time, she finally got to see how Somi was doing on the other side of the globe. She smiled, knowing that the person she loves the most was doing so well... like how Lisa wishes her to be but tears started to form in her eyes as she also wanted to be with her so bad.

You were weak. You could not win her. It was your fault, Lisa.

"Ma'am.. the papers that you need to sign.." Her secretary, Shuxin, entered the room. Lisa quickly used her thumb to wipe her tears away. "Ma'am, are you okay?"

"Yeah. Just.. just get out, please." Lisa said which surprised Shuxin. She was about to insist on the papers that needed Lisa's signature when the latter pounded on her table. "Just get out will you?"       

"Ma'am.. how about your meeting with Mr.-"

"Damn it, Shuxin!" Lisa hissed, shutting her laptop hard. She hated herself for leaving Somi. She hated herself for she was so unfair to her. She was so lost in her emotions, she took no notice of Jennie who was also there to visit her. With her eyes still closed, a tear escaped. "Just go... please."

"O-okay, Ma'am.." Shuxin cowered her head and she smiled apologetically to Jennie. The other one sat on the couch as she waited for Lisa's response.

"Is this a bad time?" Jennie asked carefully.

Lisa did not answer right away but rather, she kicked her table hard pushing her away from it.  Without a hint of interest in her voice, she answered. "Apparently. Why are you here?"

"N-nothing important," Jennie stood up and walked to Lisa, planting a small kiss on her cheek. "I-I'm going. Please don't overstress yourself with your work."

Yeah. Work.

Lisa scarcely responded, only giving Jennie a nod before sulking on her chair again.

Somi, if it was hard for you, please understand that it was harder for me.

Lisa tossed her head back in an attempt to keep the tears from falling. She smiled, even laughed at herself as she berated how pathetic she was.