Chapter 12

"Wow. I miss her." Lisa confessed to the parfait she has been staring at for quite a long while now. "I really miss her."

"You know what, I don't think the parfait's gonna tell Jennie you badly miss her." Irene threw a glance at Lisa. "Why don't you call her?"

 "Why don't you call her?"

"She's busy. Super busy that I haven't seen her since this Monday."

Lisa and Irene decided to spend the afternoon in one of their branches in Suwon to check the business.

"It's med school, Lisa. Imagine the pressure?"

"That's the problem and yet, she's still working part-time in Itaewon. If she's not working, then she's drowning herself in her books. I told her already that there is no need for her to stress herself more. Her dad is a doctor and I am sure they are ready for Jennie's med school. I even offered her to just work with me. She can have everything I have."

"Well, that's sweet but it's her life

"Well, that's sweet but it's her life. Why don't you just support her? She can overcome those, can't she? You trust her, right? She knows what she wants and how to get them which really reminds me of... Somi." Irene drummed her fingers on the table while waiting for Lisa's response. "I mean, come on... don't deny it."

"Not her again..."

"I suddenly remembered how you complained a lot about Somi having less time to spend with you so.."

"That's different, Irene. Somi was a model. I did not like her work environment. She was surrounded by people. She was being objectified. Of course, I was not the forbearing one so I had to watch over her. I don't want her being reviled. Like who does?"

"And with Jennie?"

"With Jennie... I am just really worried about her. And I really miss her." Lisa told her without hesitation. Her heart swelled by just the thought of Jennie.

Irene, from the other side of the table, dropped her shoulders and sighed. "Lisa, you are in love."

The pregnant pause followed. There was stillness- save it for the constant buzzing of the customers inside the café and the traffic noise outside. Lisa considered what Irene has just said. If she was told of it few months before now, she would have laughed at the thought right away. However, today, she did not.