Chapter 19

It was the last day of the weekend and tomorrow, they have to go back to their usual busy lives. The Sunday was spend in a rather laid back manner. In the morning, the couple went for a jog as the sunrise broke in the horizon, before they played around in the kitchen with the pancake mix. Left with nothing else to do after cleaning up their mess, they had the rest of the morning in bed, watching a romcom movie they found in Lisa's dvd collections. Halfway through it, they decided to have a classic thriller on the screen instead.

Lunch was no different. Lisa would usually raise her eyebrows on fast food meals but for today, she made an exception and let Jennie request for a delivery.

The afternoon was all cuddling in bed as they both fell asleep to another romantic movie they dared to watch. Leaving the windows open for the cool, afternoon breeze, Jennie whose back was facing Lisa, blindly searched for the other's arm and casually wrapped it around her waist. Lisa who somehow stirred a bit after Jennie's movement shifted to her side so she could hug her lover closer. She kissed Jennie's exposed nape before letting her fingers fall perfectly in between the spaces of Jennie's hand.

They woke up just in time to witness the lovely sunset painting the whole sky orange and red. Jennie was sitting on the pool recliner chair, her nose in between the pages of the book she was reading. She was so absorbed she did not notice Lisa taking candid photos of her using her phone-- legs crossed, forehead creased, lips slightly parted.

 She was so absorbed she did not notice Lisa taking candid photos of her using her phone-- legs crossed, forehead creased, lips slightly parted

"Why are you giggling?" Jennie shut her book close as she threw a curious look at Lisa.

"Oh, nothing." Lisa dismissed, putting her phone away. She tossed some ice cubes into her glass of mojito then added some more vodka. "Done with the book?"

"Yup. I wanted to finish this book for a while now but it is only today I found the time." Jennie placed her book on the table as she walked to sit beside Lisa at the pool side. "So... why are smiling so giddily?"

"It's nothing. Drink?" Lisa offered her glass to Jennie who took it.

"'Nothing', huh. Really."

"Let's go for a dip?"

"Can't. Still on my period. Why are you changing the topic? Who was it?"

"Jinjja Eopseo, honey. Let's go out for dinner, should we?"

Jennie rolled her eyes at Lisa's evasiveness. She downed the mojito in one swig without her eyes leaving Lisa's phone screen.