Chapter 23

Lisa slowed down almost to a stop without her realizing it.

"Hon?" Lisa snapped out of it as soon as she heard Jennie's voice. She stared at her feet and wondered why her knees were suddenly weak. "Is everything all right?"

"Of course, love." Lisa let go of a deep sigh but nevertheless, she smiled reassuringly.

" Lisa let go of a deep sigh but nevertheless, she smiled reassuringly

"Okay." she stared at Lisa in her Hanbok dress then she returned a smile. "You look beautiful."

"You too. Let's go?"

"Sure." She offered her hand which Lisa gladly kissed and held onto.

The couple met up with Shuxin first before the three entered the restaurant.

Each step nearing their reserved table was an effort for Lisa. She had the whole night to prepare herself, or at least, remind herself that she cannot get affected anymore but just the thought that she would be seated at the same table with her was enough to turn her into someone she once was.

"There is Ms. Douma," Shuxin informed with a little regret in her voice that she had to do the introduction as if Somi and Lisa were perfect strangers.

"Where's Jeongyeon? I couldn't reach her phone."

"She said she might arrive late, Miss Lisa. But she said she was already in Yongsan when I called."

"Who chose this place?"

"It's Ms. Somi."

"Well, of course." Lisa shrugged. Of course, seafood is Somi's favorite, she considered.

"Hello, everyone." Somi greeted with the same vibrant smile in Lisa's memories.

She would not allow herself but her heart ached at the sound of Somi's voice

"Sorry, Ms. Somi. Have you been waiting?"