Chapter 13

Bambam was bouncing his leg anxiously that Jeongyeon had to put a hand on his to stop it

Seulgi watched the two exchange knowing looks. She knew the two were already growing impatient of Lisa's silence.

The drinks they ordered remained untouched in front of them. Seulgi and Jeongyeon wanted to stay sober for Lisa, just in case the latter gets herself drunk.

Thirty minutes ago, Lisa called Jeongyeon to tell her that she needed to meet her three best friends in a dive bar in Yongmun-dong. Since their arrival, not a single question was thrown yet to Lisa and no explanations were made as to why she was here instead of being with Jennie.

Finally, Lisa crooked her neck to yawn. She planted her elbow on the table and rested her chin on her palm. She looked bored.

"Lisayah." Seulgi pulled a second cigarette from her box and offered it to her friend. "It's okay. Only once."

Lisa took it with her insipid smile. She flicked the tip before she put it in between her lips. Seulgi handed her the lighter but Lisa merely shook her head. She was never fond of smoking. She just liked the feel of the stick.

Seulgi took a long drag of her cigarette before she exhaled the smoke through her mouth. The could of gray slowly disappeared into nothingness. "Dive bar, Lisa? Really..."

"I like this place." Lisa answered. She smiled at the bartender whom she was already acquainted with. She used to frequent the same bar back when she was still in her abyss of sorrow when Somi had to leave her. "It's a lot more peaceful than the high-end night clubs."

"Not bad," Jeongyeon commented. She roamed her eyes around the place. The bar was cheap. The menu was limited. The jazz music being played was all over the place. Not the best place to meet someone new but definitely a better place to be philosophical. "So let's cut to the chase. What happened?"