Chapter 26

"What happened to you?" Irene asked as soon as Lisa came back to the poolside.

The other friend failed to give a response which prompted Irene to snap her finger in front of her face

"Lisa?"

"Sorry. Just please give this to Jennie. I'll be with the two." She handed the robe to Irene in which the latter found odd as Lisa's girlfriend was just at the other side of the pool, watching them.

Lisa left the pavilion while Irene and Jennie shared worried looks. Jennie mouthed what was wrong but Irene could not provide any answers but a shrug.

Back in the pavilion, Lisa sat at the corner chair with a distant look on her face. Her two friends were still hustling over the pool table.

"Yah, join us, Lisa. One pocket, one shot!" Jeongyeon said, beckoning Lisa to join them. She scratched the back of her head as she neared the unresponsive Lisa. "Where's Somi?"

"Jeongyeon." Lisa looked at her intently.

"Shit. You did not."

"I didn't."

"Problem?" Seulgi slurred, intoxicated from losing to Jeongyeon a couple of times.

"Get your shit together, Lisa. Jennie is here. Have some shame!" Jeongyeon bluntly said. "Where is she? What happened?"

"Nothing happened." Lisa answered. "I just played stupid and pathetic. I hate her. Fuck, I even loathe her."

"Woah, Lalisa." Seulgi exhaled.

"Why does she even need to go back?!"

"What, now you're complaining? Then you shouldn't ask Jennie to be your girlfriend if you expected to get back with Somi. You're so indecisive." Seulgi continued.

"That's not my point."

"No, Lalisa. That is the point. You are in dilemma. Because you are already with Jennie and yet, you're hoping for Somi to come back to you. And you're angry because she did not. She's getting married, Lisa. Don't be delusional and hope you'd still end up  together. And please, stop treating Jennie like some bullshit because she is also our friend."