Chapter 10

She was nervous. It was silly but she was nervous.

Jennie was greeted by the amiable guards in the lobby. She smiled back at them, wishing them a happy new year. The security was no doubt tight out around here in the building but Jennie was already endorsed by Lisa, she can just go in and out of the north tower.

She punched the figures 32 on the panel of the elevator and found herself grinning wildly. She got out of it and walked towards Lisa's door, her heart beating faster than normal. She rang the doorbell twice but she got no immediate response. She did not want to just barge in but she had no choice, besides, she already told Lisa she would come and visit her. She used the spare access card to open the latch door.

She locked the door after her before checking the kitchen. It was tidy, as always. Then next, she checked the other bedroom to see if someone was there. There was none. She placed her bag on the dining table and glanced at her watch. It was 5 in the afternoon. January 4. Finally, she walked inside Lisa's room and a smile was quick to sing on her lips.

Jennie sat on the cushioned chair near the bed then she removed her shoes- all doe without her eyes leaving the peacefully sleeping Lisa

Jennie sat on the cushioned chair near the bed then she removed her shoes- all doe without her eyes leaving the peacefully sleeping Lisa. She took off her blouse and looked for something to change into and found a light blue jacket. She sat on the other side of the bed and removed her amber contact lenses, putting both back in its case. She sighed happily and just the sight of Lisa sleeping soundly made her feel a bit drowsy too. Jennie stretched beside her and her hand finding Lisa's hand. She kissed the latter's cheek lightly before nestling her face close to her chest.

"Jennie?" Lisa asked weakly. It was the voice Jennie missed the most. Slowly, she blinked her eyes open. "Hey."

"Annyeong." Jennie blushed and to hide her face from Lisa, she snuggled closer to her. "Missed you."

"I missed you too

"I missed you too." Her weary eyes smiled. She brought Jennie's hand to her lips and kissed her palms lovingly. "Have you been waiting?"

"Not really. What time did you arrive? Who picked you up?"

"Two in the afternoon... Shuxin was there and so was our driver. Thailand was still beautiful, hon and you should know that you are too.." She winked and did a heart sign, drowsiness out of the question.