Chapter 5

Since Lisa went to Busan for a business convention, Jennie found herself missing her so much more than she could admit.

Moreover, she could not call her every time as Lisa was so busy and the call would either be answered by Shuxin, her secretary or would go directly to a voice mail. And even if Lisa would always find time checking on Jennie every night, the other one would be busy studying or just too tired to have a long talk with Lisa.

It was on the second day of Lisa's absence that Jennie found the perfect chance to catch up to her. They were Face Timing- Jennie in her car and Lisa in a hotel room. Jennie was filling in Lisa about her day in the laboratory when she caught a glimpse of someone.

"Are you with Shuxin?" She inquired and Lisa answered in negative. "Where's she?"

"She's in her room... Why?"

Jennie was about to ask Lisa who she was with when she got her answer. A girl's voice was heard asking something but that made Jennie knit her eyebrows.

"Lisa, did you see my bra?" The girl asked as she scampered around the room.

Lisa widened her eyes when she realized what was about to happen. She smiled nervously at Jennie. "Wait...Hon...th-this is Sana, my friend."

Oh was Jennie's only reaction as she focused on something else but her phone. But still, her eyes would occasionally shift to her screen. Sana was there, only wearing a towel wrapped around her body.

"Jennie, let me explain. Please. So a while ago, we have a business convention and my father sent me here along with some of the executives to represent the group. But it wasn't exactly the reason I am here..."

"Lalisa, you don't have to explain.. Let's just save our time here. Let's end this call." After what Jeongyeon has said to her before, Jennie has no idea where to put herself in Lisa's life. And still, she could not bring herself to ask her. "It's okay.."

This surprised Lisa. She knows how Jennie gets jealous easily so she wondered how Jennie could easily let this one pass. This made Lisa more anxious to explain things for Jennie.

"Wait, Jen. Please, let me tell you what is happening here. So today, Me and Seulgi, we went to check the site for our Busan Blackpink branch. We're planning to have it on the first quarter of 2018, honey. And tonight, Hyped is also having a grand launching, the clothing line here so we will a-attend. Sana's gonna host it and we are here to support her. She's a family friend, Jennie and one of my closest too. So whatever you're thinking..."

"Lisa.. why are you explaining? You're like guilty or something.."

"Jennie, listen. I know I may be insensitive but-"

"Lisa, we are okay," Jennie wanted to sound more certain than how she was feeling. She even smiled at her. "What time is the event? Shouldn't you be prepping up?"

"Seven, hon. And I'll do that later. I just want to talk to you more since I'll probably be really busy later."

"I see..."

"Jennie," Lisa opened her lips to say something but nothing escaped her mouth. She closed it again and pondered on how she could convey how much she misses the other. She could not explain it but there was a void in her whenever Jennie wasn't around. She hated the thought but it was the first time since Somi that a girl has this effect on her. "I wish... I just wish you were here, honey. I really miss you."