Chapter 20

"We are the lovesick girls.."

Jennie woke up from the loud sound of a Korean Girl Group's new MV release. She blinked her feline eyes twice before rubbing both with her fists. She glanced at the other side of the bed but then she was reminded of Lisa's text message that she would not be home for the night.

Jennie sighed and reached for the TV remote control from the nightstand. She turned the TV off before she could even figure out how the hell she ended up watching Inkigayo.

Her head ached a little as she got on her feet. She pulled the blinds open and let the sun rays enter the room. She found her phone underneath the sheets of the bed, dove for it, only to end up disappointed after receiving no messages or calls from her lover.

She stared at Lisa's name on her phone long enough to strain her eyes while she had a careful deliberation on whether she should call Lisa at six in the morning. She decided otherwise, deeming the other had a long night working for today's afternoon convention and was needing every second of rest she could get.

Jennie left a miss you message for her instead.

This particular week of July really has been the busiest so far and Jennie has no idea how to put herself in Lisa's schedule.

Lisa would come home late and exhausted that she could not join Jennie at the dining table but would never be too tired to work on the partnership's financial assessment,  marketing plans, budgeting and comprehensive reviews all night long.

And yet, Jennie knew that she was in no position to complain and demand after Lisa had made it known to her about the partnership's predicament. The operating expenses for the seven branches, management of employees, creditors and competitors had lead the general partners to a resolution of involving more capital investors in the partnership. The presentation and reports Lisa and the team have been working on since then for the conference will be their key to get people invest in their partnership.

After making up the bed neatly, Jennie went to the kitchen and looked for something to cook in the pantry only to find loaf bread, fruits, cereals and a pancake mix. Skipping caffeine for today and since Lisa was not there to make her her favorite coffee blend not to show disapproval over her lazy breakfast. Jennie dumped cereals in an empty bowl then she poured fresh milk. She brought her breakfast with her on the lounge, turned the TV on to catch the morning news, and ate.

*

Lisa was in front of her mirror, tucking her white blouse inside her skirt. She studied herself for another minute before she worked on the folds of her sleeves and fixed her messy bangs.

Three knocks came before her door slowly opened. Shuxin, her reliable aide, poked her head in.

"Mr. Bhuwakul said he is ready..." she informed.

"Yeah, I'll see him in a few. And Seulgi?"

"She's also on her way to the hotel, Miss Lisa."

"Was it traffic?"

"Not really, Ma'am." Shuxin shook her head lightly. "By the way, someone was calling you when you were getting dressed. She said you weren't answering your phone, Miss."