CHAPTER 5

Enjoy
Noorie's pov

It been five month since my birthday. I finished my final exams last month and in sha Allah the result will be out today. I am nervous. I don't want to disappoint my family. My mum especially. I am sure I passed this exam but I don't understand why I am so nervous.

Nothing much has happened within this five month except the usual drama with my mother.

My phone ringtone frightened me a little. I looked at the called ID to see my bestfriend calling.

"Hello!"

"Guess what?"

"What is it hafsah? You know am not good at guessing. Please tell me."

"Alhamdulillah we made it Noorie. We passed  our exams. I am so happy!"

"Alhamdulillah! Alhamdulilla! Alhamdulillah! I am so happy for us. I can't wait to start attending lectures in university. I am so happy!"

"Yes! Yes! Yes! I can't wait either. It is going to be fun. I have to hang up now. We will talk later. Let me inform Dad about my result."

"Okay dear. Bye!" I wish I also have a dad l can share the good news with.

I am so happy. Let me go and share the good news with Goggo. I told Hafsah to help me check my result because I was nervous,but I am not nervous anymore. I am happy.

My phone beep indicating there is a new message. Hafsah just sent the screenshot of the result to me. I can't believe this. I am so happy! I ran to Goggo's room and knocked on the door. She just finished praying. I sat on her bed waiting for her to finish her duas. My mind drifted to my mother. I don't know how she would react. I just hope she will be happy about it.

"Noorie!" Goggo called.

"Goggo! You won't believe it. I passed my exam. Look." I said,showing her my phone.

"Noorie! I am so proud of you. You did it my dear. I am happy for you." She gave me a warm hug.

"Your Kaka will be so proud of you my dear. What of Hafsah and Asmau? Did you call them?" Goggo inquired.

"Hafsah has also seen her result but I haven't call Asmau. Let me call her." I replied her.

"Please do." Asmau travelled to Niger when she finished her exams. She went to visit her paternal relatives.

I called Asmau and she answered on the second ring.

"Hello Asmimi! Have you seen your result?"

"Yes! I have seen it. I am so happy. Have you seen yours?"

"Yes I have seen it. I am happy we both passed. Let's start thinking of the university we will attend."

"Congrats! Let's start thinking oo. I will be coming back  to Abuja in three days insha Allah. This place is kind of boring."

"It is boring or you are missing me? Just say the truth."

"I don't miss you. I rather miss the gateman than to miss you."

"I know you are missing me. You are just to shy to say it."

"Who is deceiving you? Please shift."

"Whatever. Remember to send your result to Kaka and Goggo. Bye!"

"Insha Allah I will. Bye!"

After hang up, I went to my mother's room and knocked on the door.