Chapter 56

"I am very happy,Noorie. You are finally Mrs Affan. Aren't you excited?" Salma asked. She noticed how Noorie was acting strange. Isn't she happy about the wedding?

"I am excited,Mah. I am just nervous. You know I am Affan's second wife. I don't know what his first wife is like. Will she like me or not?" Noorie asked,playing with her fingers. She doesn't want any drama in her life again.

"Do not worry about her. Affan loves you and I am sure he will take good care of you. You just have to respect her and not cause any trouble. Everything will be okay insha Allah." Salma assured and smiled. She silently pray Nawal won't be a problem between Affan and Noorie. She deserves to be happy after everything she went through. She is trying her best to be close to her daughter. She has missed so much in her life.

"Okay." Noorie nodded and smiled. She is waiting for Asmau to come and take her to Kaka's living room for some words of advice. She will be taken to Affan's house after her grandfather finish talking to her. Asmau came inside he room with few other aunties. They covered Noorie's face with a veil and went to her grandfather's living room. He was sitting there with his wife. Her aunties went out to give them space.

"Noorie!" Kaka called and smiled. He doesn't know what to say to her. He feels bad about how he forced her to get married to Mahmud. He should have learnt his lesson but no,he tried to force her to get married to Fareed again. What kind of a grandfather is he? "I am sorry. I can't believe I tried to force you into another marriage. Please forgive me." He beseeched. Goggo blink,trying so hard to control her tears. She feels ashamed of what she did. She shouldn't have forced Noorie to get married to Mahmud.

"Please do not apologize to me,Kaka. Do not embarrass me by apologizing. You are my grandfather. You won't ever make a decision that is not right for me. Please do not apologize." Noorie blink back her tears knowing she won't leave here today if she cries. She is excited about being married to the love of her life,but she is not really excited about leaving her family.

"Thank you." Her grandfather hugged her,wiping away his tears. Why is he acting like a woman? Only women get emotional like this. He pulled back and nodded at his wife.

"I don't have to tell you what is right and wrong. This isn't your first time getting married. This marriage will be slightly different from the last one. Mahmud was single when you got married while Affan has a wife. Do not ever try to take her place. She was there before you. Always have this at the back of your mind. You don't need to take her place before you can prove that Affan loves you. He loves you and we can all see it. You have to share Affan with her. She might try and do things to provoke you,but do not retaliate. She doesn't look like someone that will trouble you,but we never can tell. I want you to live with her in peace. May Allah bless your marriage,enrich your lives and deepen your love." Goggo prayed and hugged her. Noorie was already crying before she finished talking. It isn't easy leaving your family to live with another man and his wife. Her life will practically change.

"Ameen Ya Allah" She wipe away her tears and smiled at them,a genuine one. She will surely miss them,but she has to leave. She can't leave with them forever.
...........

"Welcome to the family." Falmata said and hugged Noorie. She is genuinely happy she has Noorie as her daughter in law. They met only twice. During Fareed's wedding and when Affan introduced her to Falmata and his father.

"Thank you" Noorie felt loved. She knew there won't be a problem between her and Affan's mother. She looks very nice.

"Let me introduce you to everyone." She pointed at Affan's sister and said "This is Maijida and Maryam. They are Affan's elder sister." She pointed at Ameena and introduced her as his junior sister. Noorie nodded attentively. "This is Affan's father. You know him already but I don't mind introducing him to you again." Falmata chuckled and sat on the couch. They are all sitting in the living room. Noorie was conveyed earlier and Falmata told her to come out so she will introduce her to everyone. She hasn't met Affan's sisters yet.