CHAPTER 19

Noorie's pov

"I am tasty,please bring water for us. Since your sense did not tell you to do so." Goggo Zainabu said in her authoritative voice. She is Goggo's elder sister. We call her Goggo Zainabu because she said we should call her that. She just arrived from Adamawa with three of her children and three other woman that I don't really remember who they are. Goggo is from Adamawa."I said you should bring water for us ." She roared.

"I will bring it now. I am sorry." I said and rushed to the kitchen to get water for them. Goggo Zainabu is a no nonsense woman. I don't want to get on her bad side.

"Here it is." I gave them water one by one.

Goggo zainabu took a long sip from the water and kept it on the table.

"How was the journey." I asked no one in particular

"It was fine." Goggo Zainabu replied,nonchalantly. I am used to the attitude already.

"Okay. But why did you stress yourself to come all the way here?" One glare from her was all it took me to rephrase my sentence. "I mean why did you come by road? You shouldn't travel by road."

"You mean I am too old to travel by road? Because I know you aren't talking to your aunties?" She said emphasizing on the word old.

"I didn't say anything like that." I replied her. Why do I have to be the only one at home with this woman. Goggo went out with the housemaid. Asmau went out and Kaka also went out. Asmau is the only one that can handle this woman. She should come back quickly. I have no idea why she came to Abuja. The woman is very old. She can't possibly help with the wedding preparations. She shouldn't have come.

I have no idea what I should do next. Should I ask them if they will eat? Or what should I say? This is so frustrating. I wish I can just go back to my room and sleep. I slept in the hospital yesterday and of course I didn't didnt get to sleep well. I need to get alot of sleep because ya Fareed's wedding is getting really close. It just one week to the wedding. Most of our relatives are on their way here. Atleast 20 more people will come to this house today. I am happy he is getting married but I wish this people will just stay in their houses. Even the ones in Abuja will come and stay in this house.

They are so engrossed in watching tv. This is my clue to leave. They won't notice.

I tried sneaking upstairs,but of course I should have known better. "Where are you going?" My favourite Goggo asked. Note the sarcasm.

"I am not going anywhere." I lied. "I wanted to check what I am cooking."

"You are not going anywhere. But you are going to the kitchen. Bring food for us when you are done." She said,frowning.

"Okay." Now I have to cook if there is no food. Why did I even lie that I am cooking. I feel like crying right now. I went to the kitchen and checked the food warmers. Fortunately,Goggo made food before leaving the house. The food is plenty. I quickly set the food on the dinning table and called them to eat. I served them one by one. After serving them, I madevsure they won't need anything again. I went upstairs to my room.

"Finally." I yelled in the confine of my room. I jumped on my bed,ready to sleep. I was dozing off when I heard someone yell my name from downstairs. I feel like pulling out my hair in frustration. "What kind of thing is this. Can't I sleep properly for just an hour?" I yelled out in frustration.

I went downstairs angrily to see who is calling me.

"What are you doing upstairs? I have been calling you." Goggo zainabu asked

"I was working." I replied her.

"Working indeed. We are done eating. Clear the dinning table." She ordered. What is this woman turning me to? I didn't say anything. I just cleared the table.