CHAPTER 8

Enjoy❤

"I am really happy you are moving on from your past." Ammi said,sitting close to me on the couch.

"I am moving on Ammi. What is the use of living in the past?" I asked,forcing a smile.

"I know it's not easy to forget about the past Affan. Please promise me you will be the same Affan i knew before everything happened." She said at the verge of tears. I hate seeing Ammi sad but I can't help it. How can Inforget about everything that happened just like that?

"I promise you, Ammi. I will try and forget about it." I know I am only deceiving myself. I can't filthier about it.

"Thank you my son. May Allah give you pious children who will respect you the same way you respect me and your father." She prayed.

"Ameen." I said curtly. I don't like where this is heading to. She will start pestering me to get married.

"Affan you do know you have to get married right? You are not getting youger. You have to prove to me that you are truly moving on." Affan mentally rolled his eyes.

"Incan't get married now." Ammi needs to understand the fact that I am not ready for marriage.

"Why Affan? Why can't you get married?" She asked,glaring at me.

"I can't just get married like that. I mean how can I bring a woman to my messed up life. I can never be like an ideal husband to any woman. I can't." The mere thought of getting married scares me.

"You have to try Affan. Yu just have to try. If you keep working and living your life like this without getting married what do you want my friends to say. People will keep pointing fingers at us Affan. Look if you don't bring a woman to me before this year ends I will get you married myself." She threatened.

I hate it when Ammi care about what people say. You can't satisfy human beings . They will always complain. "I am sorry Ammi but I can't bring someone into my life to suffer. I don't think I can love anyone woman. You won't want your own daughter to be in a loveless marriage,will you? So don't wish the same for somebody else's daughter. I don't want to have this conversation again." It's high time I tell Amii the truth. She can't keep controlling my life.

"I don't care if you can't love any girl. I will get you married if you don't bring a woman of your choice to me before the year ends." She left the livingroom and went upstairs.

Ammi is making everything more hard. How can she force me to get married. She needs to understand my situation.
........
Six years has pasted since I went to Dubai. The last five years has been the worst years of my life.

After spending 6months in dubai, Abba called me one day and told me I need to see a therapist because he was told that I was not getting better in any way. I am very sure my Aunt's husband was the one that called Abba. The man never liked me and seriously the feeling is mutual.

I returned to Nigeria after five years instead of six years because I was tired Dubai. My aunt's husband made me hate the place. The man likes frustrating my life.

I was forced to see a therapists in Dubai . After seeing almost seven therapist in the span of four years and non seemed to work. Abba's friend recommended another therapist,Mr Iman Sa'eed.

He was a very nice man. He told me to open up to him when I am ready. Unlike other thetapists that force me to talk to them. Some of them even shout at me. Like what the hell?

My therapist session with Mr Iman was not like other therapy sessions. He made sure I was comfortable with him. I felt safe talking about my problems with him.