Chapter 57

"Why didn't you tell me she is pregnant? I am angry." Noorie pushed Affan slightly on the chest and pouted.

"I didn't think it was important to tell you. I am sorry." He apologized and got up from the bed. "I should be on my way. I will come back soon." Noorie nodded and followed him downstairs.

"Can't you wait till tomorrow?" Noorie asked,pouting. She wants to be selfish by keeping Affan at home. He wants to pick Nawal up from his parent's house. Noorie doesn't want him to leave her yet. This is the first time he will be going out since they got married. She is already missing him before he even leaves the house. He won't be sleeping in her room today. He will sleep in Nawal's room today. It's already one week since they got married. The couples have been spending quality time together.

"I promise I will come back soon. I won't take time, Please" He beseeched.

"Okay" Affan left the house after giving her a quick hug. He doesn't want Nawal to feel bad.

Noorie sighed and sat on the couch. She doesn't know what to do. The house is very boring without him. She feels so bored without him by her side. How will she cope for two days?

She got up and went to the kitchen. She wants to cook for Affan and Nawal. She hasn't been cooking since they got married. Falmata always send food for them. She actually wants to cook for Affan,but it won't be nice if she doesn't add Nawal's own. Nawal has been nice to her since she got married. She will always ask about her when talking to Affan on phone. She tries to talk about her with Affan but he always change the topic. She noticed their relationship is not really good. She has noticed a lot of things for just one week. Affan is always annoyed when talking to her on phone.

She doesn't want to be meddling in their business but she is curious. She brought out the ingredients she will need to prepare the food and put on the gas. She didn't waste time in finding the spices. Nawal arranged everything so she could easily find them. They might come back before the food is done. His parent's house is not really far from his.
............

"I prefer the red one. It's more beautiful." Nawal said,staring at the picture of baby clothes on her phone. She is sitting in the living room with her sister in law,Ameena. Nawal is usually the only one at home so she invited Ameena over to help her pick some baby clothes. Noorie started working a month after her wedding. She is nine months pregnant and she will give birth anytime from now.

"It's beautiful but I still prefer the black one. You should order the both of them." Ameena said,looking at the picture. Nawal nodded and ordered the clothes. She is always online,searching for clothes to buy for her baby. She is excited and can't wait to give birth.

"When is Affan coming back?" Ameena asked.

"He should come be back before 4pm." She replied,looking at some pictures on her phone. Her relationship with Affan has improved a little. The pregnancy brings them closer. She knows Affan will be more nice to her after she gives birth.

"What about Noorie?" Ameena asked,staring at Nawal.

"She will be back by 5pm. I don't think she is on night duty today." Nawal replied. Noorie didn't tell her she will sleep in the hospital today so she will be back early today. They are not friends and they are equally not enemies. They both mind their business in the house. They get into arguments sometimes but they settle it amicably.

"I can't wait for them. I have to be on my way." Ameena said. Nawal nodded and escorted her outside with her big baby bump. One would think she is giving birth to triplets with how big her stomach is. She felt a sharp pain in her abdomen and screamed.

"What is it?" Ameena asked,holding her. She was touching her stomach. Ameena furrowed her eyebrows. Maybe it's time for her to give birth. She quickly help her into the car and drove to the hospital. Nawal was screaming and hitting her back. She has never drove that fast in her entire life. They reached the hospital faster than expected. Ameena called Affan and informed him that Nawal is in labor. She called Noorie and informed. She promise to meet her in few minutes. Noorie is working in the same hospital so it wasn't hard for her to find Ameena. She was sitting in front of the labor room when Noorie came.

"She is inside." Ameena said to a worried Noorie. She nodded and sat close to her. They were both praying for safe delivery. Affan rushed inside the hospital to meet them.

"How is she?" Affan inquired. He was worried about Nawal. Different thoughts were going through his mind. What if she dies or the baby dies?

"She is inside. We don't know anything yet." Noorie replied. She has never seen Affan that worried. "They will be fine insha Allah." She placed her hand on his shoulder and smiled weakly. She is exhausted after working for almost 6hours. Affan nodded and hugged her ignoring Ameena who was staring at them. Affan pulled back when the doctor came out of the room. He was smiling at them. Is that good news?

"Congratulations! She has given birth to a bouncing baby boy." The doctor smiled,showing off her white teeth.

"Thank you so much doctor." Affan smiled,feeling excited. He asked her if they can go in and see her.

"Yes you can see her now." The doctor smiled and left to her office. Noorie and Ameena hugged each other. They were excited about the new addition.

"I will call her Mum and Ammi." Affan forgot to call his mum and Nawal's Mum. He was too worried to remember.

"I will call her instead. You should go and see her." Ameena said and brought out her phone from the bag. Affan nodded and told Noorie to come in with him.

"You should go alone." Noorie refused,insisting he goes in alone. It won't be nice to ruin the moment with her presence there. Affan nodded and went inside the room. The nurse was cleaning up the baby when he entered. Nawal was busy staring at the baby with a smile on her face. She looks...happy. She noticed Affan's presence and smiled at him. He return the smile and walked to her bed.

"Congratulations! You are now a father." Nawal couldn't hide her excitement. Right now,she doesn't care if Affan has another wife. All that matters is her,Affan and their little baby.

Affan was too excited to reply her. He doesn't know where to start from. Should he hug her and thank her for making him a father?

"Take the baby." The nurse gave the baby to Affan careful not to hurt him. Affan stared at the little baby. He had tears in his eyes,beaming with the proudest smile. A part of him couldn't believe he was actually carrying his baby,while a part felt like he had known him his entire life. Is this what it feels like to be a father?

"The baby looks like you." Nawal said,interrupting his thoughts. She carried the baby in her womb for nine months and he came out just to look like her husband.

Betrayal

"He looks cute." He didn't take his eyes off the little boy who was sleeping. "Thank you,Nawal." Affan didn't know why,but he feels like thanking her. She looks tired. She was struggling to keep her eyes open.

"You don't have to thank me." Nawal chuckled and collected the baby from him. The nurse told her to feed the baby and taught her how to do it. Affan stared at her breastfeeding the baby. Affan collected the baby from her after some minutes because she was dozing off. He placed the baby in the crib and adjusted her sleeping position. Her neck will hurt later if she sleeps like that. He picked the baby and sat close to Nawal on the bed who was snoring lightly. He sat there thinking about the name he will give the baby. He is thinking of naming him Hisham but he have to ask for Nawal's opinion first.

One more chapter to go💃💃

Please do not forget to vote and comment.

I love you all❤️