Chapter 38

"Am so proud of you my son. You have proved to me that your past cannot affect your future. Thank you." Hajiya Falmata said,smiling at her son. She is so happy. Her son is finally married to her niece. That is a dream come true.

"You don't have to thank me. I am just doing the right thing." He said more like trying to convince himself that he is doing the right thing. He knows he has made a big mistake by getting married to Nawal,but he has no choice than to make his mum happy.

"You did the right thing. Nawal is just the perfect girl for you. She might act strange sometimes but she is a very good girl. May Allah bless your home." She prayed. Her cheeks might hurt with the way she is smiling but who cares? "I forgot to tell you earlier. Mrs Modibbo told me to greet you. She couldn't come because of Mahmud's condition." The smile on her face disappeared. Mahmud is very nice. She still can't believe he is in coma.

"No problem. How is Mahmud?" Affan asked. Noorie must be going through so much.

"She said he is not responding to treatment." His Mum replied.

"I wish him quick recovery." Affan muttered. "I will get going. My friends are waiting for me." Affan said. He doesn't have any friend waiting for him. He is just lying.

"Okay dear." Affan went out of the room and went to his own chamber. He opened the door to his room and was surprised to see his sisters there.

"You are here." He said more like asked.

"Yes we are." It was Maryam that replied him. "We will like to talk to you." She muttered. They all had that serious look on their faces.

"Do you think you are doing the right thing?" Maijida asked with raised eyebrows. She has always been straightforward.

"What are you talking about?" Affan asked. He knows what they are saying but decided to act confuse.

"You are married to Nawal. Do you know what that means?" Ameena asked. She was getting impatient already.

"What does it mean? It not that bad." Affan muttered,staring at his sisters. Everyone except his mum is against his marriage with Nawal.

"After what Rahima did to you,I don't expect you to be this stupid. Why throw away your happiness just like that? Nawal is our cousin and we all know what she is like. That girl will frustrate you. She lacks manner. I can't believe you can be this foolish." Maryam said,shaking her head in pity. How can Affan marry someone like Nawal?

"Rahima and Nawal are birds of the same feather." Ameena said,rudely. She didn't mean to sound rude but she couldn't help it.

"Ameena they are two different people. By the way no one forced me to marry her." Affan said. Talking about Rahima brought back some memories he was trying hard to forget.

The three sister shared a look and burst out into laughter.

"Did you just say nobody forced you to marry her? We are not babies and we all know what Ammi is like." Ameena muttered under her breath. "I can't believe Ammi has this all planned. She didn't inform us about the wedding because she knows we will never support her. Why didn't you tell us about her plan?" Ameena asked. This isn't the brother she knows. Affan will never agree to marry Nawal.

"You can't question me like that. No one forced me to marry Nawal. Can you please excuse me?" Affan stared at his sisters,wondering how they didn't know about the wedding. He thought Ammi told them about it.

"We are your sisters and we care about you. We don't want you to ruin your life but since you have made up your mind,we can't do anything about." Maijida said and left the room. Ameena also left after giving Affan a sympathetic look.

"I am disappointed." That was the only thing Maryam said before she left the room.

Affan sat down and buried his face in his hand. He was tired of everything happening in his life. His sisters are angry with him simply because he married his cousin and his mum is proud of him. Sacrificing his happiness just to see his mum happy is something he will always do. He doesn't care if it will affect him.

So much has happened in the last six months. Ammi's is perfectly fine. His relationship with Ameena is to normal. She is not really comfortable around him. Affan understands how she feels. It not easy to forget about everything that happened.

He is suppose to be happy he just got married today but why is he sad? This wasn't the way he felt when he got married to Rahima. Despite what she did to him,he can't ever stop loving her.
...............
"Congratulations! You are finally married to my husband or should I say ex husband?" The two girls burst into laughter. Nawal is finally married to Affan. That is a dream come true for them. They have been planning this wedding for ages.

"I still can't believe I am married to him." Nawal said,grinning.

"Well you are married to him and you are now my co wife. I am not suppose to be this happy. Why am I happy? I mean you are married to my husband." Rahima said with a smile etched on her face. She finally got what she wanted,but why is she not really happy about it? She has to pretend she is very happy so Nawal won't suspect her.

"You are happy because your best friend is your co wife. You have to be happy. Isn't that what we always wanted?" Nawal asked. She knows Rahima like the back of her hand and there is no way she will convince her with that fake smile. She is not happy and it clearly written on her face.

"Of course that is what we always wanted." Rahima smiled at her.

"I have a question for you." Nawal said,staring at her. Rahima nodded indicating she asks whatever she wants to. "Where is Jabir? I mean you should know his whereabouts. You still talk right?" Nawal asked,curiously.

Rahima stared at her for a while and let out a loud hiss. Nawal has been asking her this same question for years. "What exactly is your problem? I told you I don't know his whereabouts. I haven't heard from him since 8years ago." Rahima said,rudely. She didn't want to sound rude but she was getting tired of how Nawal was behaving.

"I am sorry. I just wanted to be sure." Nawal giggled.

"Thank you for everything. I really appreciate." Rahima said,purposely changing the topic. She gave her a genuine smile. She couldn't have done anything without Nawal. Everybody else might think she is inhuman,but she has been very kind to her.

"You don't have to thank me,Rahima. You would have done the same for me if I was in your shoes." Nawal said,smiling. Rahima knew she couldn't do half of what Nawal has done for her. She isn't that nice.

"I wonder what my life would have been like if not for you. Thank you so much." She said and gave her a hug.

"I am getting bored. Can we talk about something else?" She asked.

"Let's go on with our plan. You will be conveyed in the evening and I need you to put our plan to action. Nawal I trust you. I don't want you to slack at all. Affan might act like a fool but he is very smart. You have to be very careful." Rahima whispered. It was only two of them in the room but she has to be very careful. Anybody might hear their conversation.

"You don't have to worry about anything. I will make sure everything happens as planned ." Nawal said. The both of them had different plans in mind. Rahima believed she is using Nawal to get what she wants but Nawal also thinks she is using her. They both had different intentions.

"Let me wear my niqab. I can't risk anyone seeing me here." Rahima said and wore her niqab.

Hello!

What is Rahima up to? Do you think she has a pure intention?

What do you think of her relationship with Nawal?

Adios❤️