CHAPTER 20

Affan's pov

"I still can't believe my baby sister is married." I said,smiling.

"I am not a baby anymore. I am a married woman now. Please stop calling me a baby. She beseeched.

"You will always be my baby sister. Happy married life. May Allah bless your new home." I prayed. Ameena is finally married. She has been crying after Ammi and Abba's long speech. It is time for her be conveyed to her husband's house. Before she is conveyed,she will be taken to some elders,like our aunties,grandmother,mother etc for some words of advice. They will advice her about marriage. What she is suppose to do and what she isn't supposed to do.

"I am going to miss you yaya. Indon't want to leave you all. I want to stay here." Ameena said,crying.

"You can't stay here. You have to go live in your husband's house. I will miss you too." I pinched her cheeks,smilling. I am just trying to control myself right now. Ameena can be annoying sometimes but I love her so much. I surely going to miss her.

"I don't want to leave the house today. Maybe tomorrow. I am not prepared. Please talk to them. I am sure they will listen to you. Please yaya. I don't want to leave you,Ammi and Abba." She beseeched,crying profusely.

"Ameena what is this? You know I don't like seeing you like this right? Please wipe your tears. You aren't going there to die. We will all visit you. Wipe your tears my dear." I embraced her into a warm hug. She was pulled away from me reluctantly by an elderly woman. My cloth is wet with her tears. She was crying profusely. They had to pull her away from me.

I waved at her one last time before going back to my chamber. I don't want to cry,but I can't help it. I still can't believe my baby sister is married. My sisters are all married. I have no sibling in the house anymore. Ammi will surely make this house a living hell for me. She will have my time now since Ameena is married.

I just hope Ameena adjust to her new environment soon. She is going to miss Ammi so much and Ammi is also going to miss her too. They are very close.

"Are you seriously crying?" Alamin asked,barging inside my room.

"Does it look like I am crying?" I glared at me.

"You are missing her right?" He asked,teasingly.

"Yes I am missing my sister." I said,emphasizing on sister "Who wouldn't?" I asked.

"You are crying."

"I am not crying,Alamin. I want to be alone please." I don't mean to sound rude,but I don't need sommeone rubbing more salt to my wounds.

"I understand." He said and gave me a pat on the shoulder before leaving the room. This isn't about Ameena's marriage alone. I can't help but think about what happened eight years ago. It was this same day everything happened. I remember everything from the beginning to the end.

I want answers to all my questions. Today is both a happy and sad day for me. I am happy because my sister got married today and I am equally sad because this was the same day my life took a drastic turn eight years ago. 

I tried my best to be happy today. I tried my best to hide everything behind a smile. I tried to act like a brother who is happy for his sister. I can't ever forget this day in my life. The pain,suffering,regrets,betrayal,heartbreak this day had brought to me. I remember everything.

After wallowing in self pity for about an hour,I slept off.
..............
"Please just take them home. Stop disturbing me. I am having headache." Ammi said,exasperatedly.

"But Ammi...." I trailed off. I am tired. I don't want to take anybody home. Ammi called telling me to take her sisters home. The driver is not at home so I have to take them home. All these annoying aunties.