CHAPTER 12

Enjoy❤
"You do know you have to eat something right?" Asmau asked,sitting on my bed.

I didn't say anything. I continue playing game on my phone.

"Noorie! Kaka and Goggo wants nothing but your happiness. I have said this before and I am saying it again. They won't do anything to hurt you."

"You know what Asmau? Spare me this nonsense you are saying." She looks taken aback by my words,but I don't care.

"You don't know what it feels like so just keep that mouth of yours shut." I said eyeing her.

"Please Noorie eat something"

"Get out of my room." I said,pointing at the door.

"I know this is...."

"Getout of my room,Asmau". I yelled. She went out of my room wiping away her tears.

I don't want to be mean to her but I can't help it. She doesn't know how I feel and she comes here telling me to eat. Although I am hungry but whenever I want to go downstairs and eat,I remember what Kaka said to me three days ago and I just loose my appetite. It been three days since Kaka broke the bad news to me and I have been in my room since then.

Whenever I remember Kaka's words that day,I just burst into tears. I can remember vividly when he said....

"So promise me you will listen to me and your Goggo"

"I promise."

"We want to get you married to Mahmud,Modibo's son." He said,staring at me intently.

"What!" I exclaimed looking at my grandparents in shock.

"We asked Asmau if she has a fiancée that is ready for marriage and she said yes. Noorie we know you don't have any serious fiancée because you don't even talk to boys." This time it was Goggo who said that in fulfulde.

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. I was just looking at them in shock. How can they be so sure I don't have any fiancée? Why are they being judgmental

"Hauwa! Me and Modibbo have been friends for a very long time now and we will like to become family. He sent a proposal on behalf of his son for one of my granddaughters and you don't just expect us to say no to it,do you? Look Mamana we are not forcing you into marriage if you don't want it no problem,but I am pleading with you to accept this proposal. I will be very happy if you accept this marriage proposal.Kaka said holding my hands. I was just crying because I don't even know what to say. I can't say no to Goggo not when he is pleading with me and I can't get married to someone I don't know. I have seen him a couple of times but we just exchange pleasantries that is all,how can I get married to him.

"Noorie! Please accept this proposal. This is the first time we are asking you to do something for us. I will be very hapoy if you agree to get married to Mahmud." Goggo said,pleadingly.

"Okay." I said,wiping away my tears. I will do anything to see my grandparents happy.

"Does that mean you are saying yes?" Goggo asked.

I nod my head because I can't even say anything.

"Then it is settled. Thank you very much. May Allah bless you my dear. Now wipe your tears amarya (bride)." Goggo said and gave me a hug.