Chapter 45

"My mum will be here on Saturday. I need you to behave yourself." Abubakar said,typing on his phone.

"So you came back home simply because your mum is coming here? Why didn't you tell me earlier?" Salma asked,glaring at her husband. "I am your wife not your slave. You can't just do whatever you like." Abubakar has spoiled her mood by coming back home.

"Are you out of your senses? Have you forgotten who I am? I won't tolerate this nonsense from you. I don't want to hit you because my mum is coming over. Don't push me to do so." He hissed out loud and left the living room.

Salma sighed,holding her head. A leopard never changes its spots. She was wrong to think Abubakar is a changed person. He is clearly still the same Abubakar.

Saturday came earlier than expected. Salma was not really happy about her mother-in-law's arrival. The woman is just like her son. You can never satisfy her. She complains about everything.

"How is everyone? I hope you arrived safely?" Salma asked,placing a water on the table. She bow a little to show respect to the aged woman.

"They are all fine." She scrunched up her face in annoyance. Salma wondered why she was so angry.

"Don't you have food in this house?" Hajiya Fadila asked,glaring at her daughter in law.

"I will set the table." Salma said and walked away.

"There is no kid to welcome me in this house. They should at least have food if they don't have kids. Useless people." Hajiya Fadila murmured. Salma heard her loud and clearly,but pretended she did not.

"I have served your food. You should come to the dining." Salma smiled at her with the hope that she will get one back.

"Bring my food here. I don't want to eat in the dining." Salma did as she was instructed. Anything to avoid trouble.

"You should have fried fish not chicken. I wonder what you can do right." Fadila glared at Salma and continue eating. Everything about Salma annoys her.

"I will take note of that." Salma said.

"Where is your husband?" Fadila asked like she just remembered she has a son.

"He is not at home." Salma replied.

"Where did he go on a Saturday? No wonder you don't have kids. He doesn't even stay at home." She took a gulp from the cup of water and glared at Salma. Her eyes might hurt with the way she glares at Salma.

"Didn't he tell you I had a miscarriage?" Salma asked. She didn't like how the woman was talking as if she is barren.

"That was one month ago. Is that not enough time for you to get pregnant again?" Fadila shake her head,thinking of where to get a new grandchild. These people are clearly not ready to give birth.

"Just one month? Did he tell you how I lost the baby?" Salma couldn't stop herself from asking. The woman is talking like she isn't a mother. It's not easy to have a miscarriage and get pregnant after one month.

"You were careless. You couldn't even take of ordinary pregnancy. How will you take care of a baby then?" Fadila asked with raised eyebrows. Salma stared at her unable to say anything. This woman is just wicked like her son.

"My sister got pregnant two weeks after her miscarriage. What is your excuse?" Salma didn't answer her. "I want a new grandchild. I am tired of the old ones. It is either you give me a grandchild or I find someone else for my son. The ball is in your court." Fadila glared at her one more time and walked away.