11- The Gifts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary: Sunset Curve celebrates Christmas.

Setting: The studio 1994

Warnings: None

Words: 1,840

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Claudia had just finished placing the try of cookies she had baked, with permission from Mrs. Wilson to use the oven in the house, on the table in front of the couch when Alex and Reggie walked into the garage. Each boy had multiple presents in their hands as they approached the rest of the group. A choruses of greetings and wishing each other a Merry Christmas rang throughout the room. Everybody put their gifts around the little tabletop tree that sat on the floor. After about thirty minutes of Reggie staring excitedly at the presents  while the others conversed and ate cookies, he finally convinced them to open presents. Each member of the band grabbed the gifts they bought their friends and moved to sit in a circle on the floor around the little Christmas tree.

"Reg, you seem very excited. Do you want to go first?" Alex asked the practically shaking boy.

"I mean if that's fine with everyone else..." he trailed off. The rest of the group agreed and passed Reggie the gifts they had gotten him. He grabbed the first one from Luke, who was sitting to his left and ripped the wrapping paper off. Once he pulled the last piece of wrapping paper off he flipped the box over to reveal a Star Wars Millennium Falcon Lego set. The boy's eyes widened as he threw himself at Luke giving him a hug and thanking him profusely before setting it down to open the next gift. He pulled open the wrapping paper on the next two gifts one after another revealing a flannel pajama set from Bobby and a blanket that looked like a burrito shell from Alex. He repeated his reaction to Luke's gift to both boys. Wrapping himself in the blanket he looked around the floor for the last gift, which would be from Claudia. When he didn't see it he looked up sadly.

"You didn't get me anything?" he questioned the girl looking both confused and sad.

"No no, I did!" Claudia replied hastily. She was happy when a smile returned to the boy's face. "You just have to wait until all four of you can open them together," she said crossing her arms and leaning back slightly. The other boys shared confused glances before Alex spoke up.

"I'll go next!" he stated cheerfully and everyone handed their gift to him.

"This one is from both Reggie and me," Luke explained as he handed Alex a big box. Alex nodded before unwrapping the gift. He let out a laugh as he exposed the label on the box. 

"You always complain about needed to walk all the way into the house to make coffee whenever we are rehearsing late so we thought we'd keep this out here and save you the trip!" Reggie commented as Alex finished unwrapping the Keurig box. He thanked the two boys before proceeding to unwrap his gifts from Bobby which consisted of k-cups for his new Keurig and a mug with "drummer nutrition facts" on it. Alex let out another laugh as he thanked the boys. He looked at Luke. "Do you want to go next?"

"Sure," Luke shrugged. The rest of the group handed their presents to the boy who happily accepted them. He grabbed the one that was set closest to him. Once the wrapping paper was removed he fanned out the multiple vinyl records of various rock bands that Alex had bought him. "Thanks, dude!" He shouted. 

"No problem," Alex responded grabbing a cookie from the tray in the middle and taking a bite.

Luke moved to open the next gift. It wasn't wrapped as neatly as the others and was a little flimsy. Luke removed the wrapping paper to reveal five folded shirts. He unfolded them all to see they all had long sleeves. Everyone laughed as Luke eyed them confused.