Chapter.1

Chapter.1

______________________________________

"Help!"

Hyunjin tripped over the patio furniture, trying to escape the burning cabin, his family still inside. The neighbors in the village heard the cries for help coming from Hyunjin.

People raced out of their cabins to Hyunjin's aid. Hyunjin picked himself up from the ground and ran over to the lady approaching him. He crashed into her arms "Are you alright, boy?" She asked him.

"My... my parents and my little brother are still in there, please!"

"Help them!" Hyunjin begged, gripping onto the woman's sleeves as he sunk to the ground at her feet. He sobbed as the male neighbors worked quickly to rid the fire from the cabin.

As they were pouring water from the nearby well onto the fire, a window from one of the bedrooms broke, alerting Hyunjin.

His eyes widened as he quickly turned to look at the burning cabin. A small foot poked out of the window, a small boy crawled out of the window, collapsing to the ground beside the raging fire. Hyunjin raced to his little brother who was clearly exhausted.

"Felix" Hyunjin said.

Felix looked at Hyunjin with his red stained eyes and dusty hair. "Are you hurt?" Hyunjin asked him. Felix slowly looked down at his stomach. Hyunjin followed his eyes and quickly removed the fabric, exposing a fresh burn the size of a watermelon.

"Oh no" Hyunjin said before picking up his brother and carrying him over to the group of civilians watching the cabin burn.

"Oh my is he alright?" Ankther lady asked.

"He's badly burned on his stomach" Hyunjin replied to the woman. Felix was completely aware of what was happening but was not reacting to the pain due to the shock. "It's okay brother, we will get you fixed" Hyunjin told him. Hyunjin cupped his brothers face, Felix nodded, giving his brother a reassuring smile.

The rescue mission was quickly put to an end when a group of people emerged from the forest, carrying guns, shooting innocents and lighting other cabins on fire.

Hyunjin quickly acted, he laid on top of his brother. Protecting him from the flying bullets. Felix began to cry, the pain had finally hit and it was unbearable. Hyunjin covered his brother's ears so he couldn't hear the nearby screams coming from the people being ambushed.

"Shh, everything is going to be fine" Hyunjin reassured his brother.

The gunshots finally began to slow down and the screams stopped. While Hyunjin and Felix laid on the ground in silence, a man on a horse approached them.

He wore a golden cloak and held a sword in his hand. "I know you are alive, get up" he man ordered.

Hyunjin lifted himself off of Felix and held his hands up in surrender "Please don't hurt us" Hyunjin begged.

"Oh I am not going to hurt you" the man said in sinister tone. Hyunjin couldn't see the man's face due to the man's hood. "But I am going to take you and your brother with me" he said.