[13] Friends

☆Glory☆

<Gone with the Wind> List

Scarlett O'Hara: Tsunami

Melanie Hamilton: Greatness

Ashley Wilkes: Starflight

Frank Kennedy: Clay

Belle Watling: Peril

Ellen O'Hara: Sunny

O'Hara sister 1: Glory
...

Please come to the drama room after school to get your script. The play will take place in May.

"Guess who got the number of the handsomest, cutest, nicest boy in the world?" Tsunami whispers at me and Deathbringer as we head out of the drama room. "MEEEEEEEEE!"

"I wasn't aware you had my phone number." Deathbringer comments, and Tsunami and I kind of gag at the same time. "What?"

"Well, he asked me if I could eat lunch with him at Saturday. Sunny, you heard that, right? Now that I think about it, Sunny should get a boyfriend too! And Starflight! And Glory! I wanna play matchmakerrrrr!" She starts laughing maniacally as Starflight comes out of the room with Clay.

"Sunny, what do you think of Starflight?" She wiggles her eyebrows at her.

Thank God. Starflight must like Sunny. I kind of see it, the look in his eyes as he stares at Sunny's blonde hair. Then I realize that Deathbringer's watching me, so I cover up my relief with a sad expression.

"We're like, really good friends. Obviously." Sunny smiles, showing off her braces.

"Like, more than friends."

Sunny stubbornly holds onto the meaning of "friend". "Best friends?"

I wonder if Sunny's doing that because she actually doesn't know, or because she doesn't want to get into that whole "friends to lovers" area. Talking about Sunny, it can be either. "MORE, Sunny!"

"MEGA BEST FRIENDS!" Yup, she's definitely acting.

Tsunami signs, patting Sunny's head. "Like. You. Starflight. Boyfriend and girlfriend."

"No." Her face crumples, which kind of makes me surprised. Her face is pure panic and discomfort. "Just- don't try to match me with anyone else. Let's not do that. I'll find someone later. My friendship with Starflight is perfectly good as a friendship. It's not like- relationships are always better. Friendships are underappreciated."

That hits hard.

"Oh. Sorry." That's surprising. New fact: Sunny can get angry. "Suny, I'm really sorry, I won't do it again. Are you mad?"

"No." Sunny forcibly smiles. "It's alright."

Awkward silence follows, and Tsunami tries to keep up the conversation. "Guys, would any of you guys want to practice for the play at my house?" Tsunami's still staring at Sunny apologetically. "Since we're mostly in the drama club. Deathbringer, what club are you in?"

"Boxing." Deathbringer's voice is lifeless for a moment. But then, he reaches and pushes his hair back. "The play sounds fun, though. Can I come? I wanna play Rhett."

"Remember when we had plays at our house?" Deathbringer's eyes meet mine, and we immediately smile.

"You should have tried out for Scarlett. Who got her?"

"The one behind you." Tsunami places a hand on her neck and squeezes, which makes him kind of give out a little scream. "But honestly, I probably only got it because of my mom. I freaking suck at acting, but Kestrel's in love with Mrs. Coral, isn't she? She wrote a lot of scripts for famous movies. Wish I can quit and freaking go to swimming again."