[7] Hating

Disclaimer: Gone with the Wind is a story about a main character, Scarlett O'Hara, and two love interests, Ashley and Rhett. Ashley is married to Melanie (not by his choice in the beginning), and Rhett is a "bad boy" kind of a character that is very complicated, also in love with Scarlett. The book takes time in the period of the Civil War.

☆Glory☆

Oh.

My.

God.

Does she do that on purpose?

Melanie Hamilton from the Gone with the Wind. She has applied for her role. I didn't even know she was interested in acting, and my mind makes up all kinds of scenarios in my head where Greatness is set up as this very evil person that enjoys taking everything I want away. And, looking at the things she actually did take away from me, it almost seems true.

"Greatness Night, you can come up."

The lights are too bright, too beautiful, when Greatness comes up stage. She has even matched the theme with a blue dress that comes up to her knees, and I can almost understand why Deathbriger has fallen in love with this crazy girl with red lipstick. Her usual sparkling makeup is replaced with nothing- she looks calm and collected.

"Perhaps we should start with the scene where Ashley is saved by Rhett, who acts like they're both drunk to hide that Ashley is shot," Tsunami suggests. The teacher, Ms. Kestrel, nods, and motions the numbers 7 and 4, the page number.

"Start!" Tsunami acts as Rhett Butler with Starflight beside her, attempting to play Ashley by the teacher's commands. He looks pained, which is actually appropriate in the scene. Beside me, Sunny snorts at his face.

Greatness's expression turns cold, and she holds her hands together, her lips pressed tightly. "So, you've got my husband intoxicated again, Captain Butler."

Starflight attempts acting drunk, looking at the script with a puzzled expression. He waves his hands around awkwardly. "AHHHH. Intoxicated noises. AHHH."

"Hey, Mrs. Wilkes!" Tsunami staggers so realistically that she falls. The crowd bursts out laughing. "OW!"

"WHY AREN'T YOU TAKING THIS SERIOUSLY?" Mrs. Kestrel yells with her microphone. "ACT DECENTLY FOR ONCE, FOR GOD'S SAKE!"

Greatness seems alarmed, but she nods. "Well, do walk in, Mr. Butler, if you can walk yourself." She eyes Starflight, the supposed Ashley Wilkes, with distaste. Or perhaps she didn't like his intoxicated noises. Either way, she's very good.

"We're supposed to sing? Um...AW AW AW AW AHHH~ singing noises~." Everyone laughs again as Ms. Kestrel hides her head in her hands. "MELANIE! Let's put Sta- Ashley down on the sofa. OOF."

Starflight falls on the ground as Tsunami gently pushes him. His pained expression turns into an annoyed one. "What the heck was that for?"

"Guys, be quiet!" Sunny yells next to me, but nobody listens. Everyone's so crazy and loud and weird.

In the midst of the chaos, I find myself saying, "Maybe we should do the part where Melanie and Belle are talking."

That is one of my favorite parts of the book- Melanie offering a hand to Belle, someone with a ruined reputation. Scarlett views her as a barbaric woman alongside everyone else, but Melanie refuses to see in the same viewpoint, accepting Belle's help and stating that she is a very kind woman.

"What did you say?"

Somehow I have spoken too loud and everyone's staring at me. The loud screams have quieted down, and even Sunny's staring at me with a surprised expression. The drama teacher is also watching me, and I can see her thoughts more clearly than anyone else's- leukemia. I can taste it, the look in her eyes, the hostility.