[19] In Your Eyes

☆Glory☆

Dear Daffodil,

1: I have rejected a person. They are a bubbly person with a very kind personality. I'm not sure why in the world they like me, but they did confess to me a couple months ago. My reasons for rejecting them? It obviously wasn't that they were not "enough." It's just that didn't feel any romantic attraction towards them. Maybe I would have, if I didn't have the girl I had a crush on for years. I could kind of tell that she did like me, but I was always hoping she wouldn't confess- selfish, I know- just because I didn't want the friendship we had to get ruined.

It did get ruined after she confessed. I didn't know how to act normally around her, and although she told me it was fine, I was too sorry about everything. And also because she knows about my crush on the girl. I did try to make myself like her, but I guess it just wasn't it.

But reasons for rejecting can vary from person to person. Maybe they are afraid of being in a relationship. Maybe they're afraid of ruining the friendship, and don't want you to confess because of that. Just keep in mind that it's not your fault.

2: Personally, I wouldn't be able to stay friends with a person that rejected me. Seeing them with another person, or flirting with another person is alright when they don't know my feelings. But if I do confess and I stay with them, I'll be too harsh on myself, always comparing me to the person my crush is interested in. Because them knowing your feelings, rejecting them, and moving on is another matter entirely.

However, I think you might be different. How long have you known this boy? Are you guys close friends? Are you willing to risk hurting just to stand by his side? There's nothing wrong with that, but it does need some serious thinking.

I also like exchanging emails with you. I can never imagine having these kinds of conversations with another person in real life. Nobody would actually take me seriously. So thank you. I think I have made a really good friend (well this got cheesy fast, didn't it?).

-Helianthus

Deathbringer, I want to tell you something.

I've had my feelings for you since middle school. Crazy, I know. I wonder if you knew all this time, and was just kind enough to not acknowledge it.

You might ask what made me like you. Before middle school, you were a drama queen with really, really, really x1000 bad puns and jokes. You also excelled at life that age. You were so different from me- you ran around, shouted, teased girls, did things that I could never do because of my disease. And I envied you for it- sometimes I even wished that I could trade my body with yours. Yeah, I was that evil.