[24] Breakup

☆Greatness☆

"The one I kiss is the Destroyer. When I do it, come in and bind her fast," she whispered. The other workers had already been sent to the police office, and the kids were getting gathered into the car. The only person left was Battlewinner.

"Yes, Greatness." Her father's friend took her hand before she went in. "Be careful."

She went inside the room. Her mother was there, a cigarette on her red lips. Regret in her eyes. They really didn't mix at all.

"Greatness, I thought about this for a long time. Maybe we can move to Korea when this is all done. When the last assassin graduates, I want to focus on- us. Family."

Ha. Family. Like she hadn't killed her father a few months ago. But she had to play along, there were the officers outside. Officers that Father knew. Officers that obeyed the law, the ones that were honorable.

How vulnerable Battlewinner really was. Not even knowing that it was too late to say such things. If she hadn't killed her father- if he was still here- maybe she could forgive. But no. She could still imagine Battlewinner's hands, her father's blood soaking them, as she opened the closet door.

"That sounds great, Mother." Mother. She spat that word out like a filthy insect. Battlewinner looked at her with a frown, and then shook her head.

"Forgive me, Greatness. I don't deserve to be called your mother, I know that. But you're the only thing I have left, with the assassination group. And when the assassination group is gone, we can focus on each other."

The signal. It was time. She went up to her, staring at her red lips, and gently kissed her on the cheek, taking her gun away as she did so. That was when the officers came in and threatened to shoot. It was pathetic, how Battlewinner struggled for words, stared at her in disbelief. She could have killed Greatness right then, but she didn't.

Greatness leaned closer, lowering her voice so nobody else but they could hear.

"Rabbi."

I don't know how I felt about Deathbringer. But I do know two things. I was abusive and I didn't want him to leave my side.

I poured out everything to please him. When I told him my feelings the day we kissed, I didn't love him. I was simply curious of how he would react- would he pity me?- and then I saw his relieved eyes. In the end, I was only a person that he acted like he loved because I knew his secrets. Hoping that would keep my mouth shut. And it did.

I always viewed justice as something holy- something that needed to be kept. Maybe I got that from my father, who was a police officer. He was the very opposite of Battlewinner-bhe took pride in keeping the law safe, in catching the bad people. I have no idea how the two fell in love, but I could tell I wasn't just an accident, no matter what I told everyone. They did love each other. The only thing that made them fight was the fact that they had different beliefs.

Battlewinner believed that she had to eliminate the bad in order to make a gold place. It was also a bonus if she made money off it. So she bought children, made them broken, and offer them a hand as if she was their savior. Maybe she even believed she was.