Chapter 5.

« Zayn »

"If I got rid of my demons,

I'd lose my angels too."

-Tennessee Williams.

Thick layers of clouds prevented the sun from lighting up. The warmth that you would normally feel against your skin wasn't able to be felt,and the rain was just an extra bonus to this depressing new day.

Everything seemed so out of place today. From the now-dark town to the happy children who were now sad and gloom. I always found it fascinating just seeing how the weather works with people,seeing how suddenly their moods change because the darkness took over.

Everyone was different, except for Niall.

He was the only one who maintained the same through sunshine and rain. And let me tell you: he was something special,that's for sure.

I lit up a cigarette as I continued to observe him. He looked beautiful...then again when didn't he look beautiful?

Smile. Niall always seemed to find a way to smile,even if something bad happens he tries his hardest and I admire that about him.

But his smile was currently bigger than ever. My guess was that Theo,his little nephew was walking right beside him,blabbering over anything and everything while he had a tight grip on his uncle's hand.

If there's one thing I knew that made Niall happy,was his nephew.

The little boy was telling his uncle how his day went. He looked like a little Niall,with the same sparkle in his blue eyes when he's excited about something and let's not forget the mass of blonde hair.

As they made their way down the street a guy approached them. I had a feeling that this guy was no good.

Sadly I was proven right,because next thing I knew he had Niall pinned against an alley wall as he began to touch him.

I wouldn't know what had gotten me this mad. Maybe it was the fact that he had his hands all over my Niall or the fact that little helpless Theo was crying as he had to watch what was happening to his uncle,I didn't know.

But what I did know was that I dropped my half-finished cigarette on the floor and quickly made my way over to a crying Theo.

"Hey,shh little buddy." I crouched down to his level and brought him to my arms.

Ironic how the bad guy was now the good guy. But seeing this boy crying was heartbreaking as fuck.

The boy looked up to me,wiping his eyes with his tiny fists as he spoke. "P-please help my unca m-mister,bad guy h-has my unca!"

I've had enough.

I rubbed his back in attempts to calm him down. "You have to stay here so I can help your uncle. Can you do that for me?" I asked.

Theo nods,sniffing a bit as he slowly began to let go of my shirt. "Okay,m-mister"

When I left Theo,I ran towards the guy and pushed him against the brick walls causing Niall to fall onto the floor.

The poor innocent boy who was once smiling brightly was no longer smiling. He seemed weak,sad and vulnerable. That made me 10 times more pissed because I didn't want to see Niall this way. He didn't deserve it.

Turning back to this disgrace of a man I pinched him straight in the face. "What the hell are you doing!?"

He squirmed,trying to get out of my grip. But unfortunately for him,I wouldn't have any of his bullshit. So I punched him once again,making him hiss in pain.

"Get out of my face you fucker. And next time I see you,I won't hesitate to kill you"

I would have killed his sorry ass right there,but I couldn't kill someone in front of Theo. The kid was already frighten because of the happening,he wouldn't be able to handle seeing someone get killed right before his own innocent eyes.

Once I dropped him,he scrambled onto his legs and ran out of the dark alley,leaving me alone with a unconscious Niall and a slight relieved Theo.

But I was nowhere near finished with that asshole,I was going to make him pay for what he had done.

My eyes traveled down to Niall's body on the floor.

"Oh Niall...." I bend down,taking Niall's limb body into my arms before carefully standing back up to walk over to Theo,who immediately took hold of my hand,squeezing it tightly. He was a good kid.

And so that's how we walked to Niall's house,me carrying an unconscious Niall in one arm and Theo holding the other.

When we reached our destination I told little Theo to wait for me in the living room so he turned the tv on to watch some cartoon whole I went up to take Niall to bed.

I placed Niall on his bed,tucking him in,to later leave a kiss on his forehead. Now I had the chance to truly admire his beauty.

He looked so peaceful sleeping. His features are soft,lips parted as he lightly snores.

"Goodnight,sweet cheeks"

As I was about to walk through the front door,I had stopped my tracks when a soft voice spoke behind me.

"Mister,where are you going?"

Theo was still seated on the sofa with a baby blue blanket wrapped around him,clutching his teddy bear tightly. I crouched in front of Theo once again,ruffling his hair just a tad. "I have to leave,lill buddy"

He shook his head vigorously,leaning forward to throw his arms around my neck. "I don't want you to leave mister"

"Call me Zee"

"I don't want you to leave Zee..." he mumbles,looking down. "I-I'm scared"

Sympathy was what I felt. Over 15 years I finally cared for someone again. It's not my fault I became the way I am,I didn't want this curse. I wasn't always as evil as I am now.

I used to care.

But ever since I got this goddamn curse...I lost my sanity. I lost myself.

Theo somehow got under my skin. This little boy brought out the best in me,and he didn't even try.

"Will I ever see you again,Zee?"

It pained me to bring him down like this,but he sadly had to know the truth.

"No"

My intention wasn't to make this boy sad but that's what happened. As soon as he heard the news his lips began to tremble and tears were soon falling down his chubby cheeks. The fact that I had to leave made a strong impact on him.

"Hey now,don't cry. Close your eyes"

So he did. I could feel my lips forming into a smile as I watched him. He didn't want me to leave.

I placed my index finger onto his nose,whispering out a couple of sentences. When he opened his eyes,the tears were gone and he was happy once again.

"There. Now listen to me,I won't always be here but I'll definitely be here when you need me. Just call for me and I'll be right by your side,okay lill buddy?"

He nods,embracing me into a tight hug before he let go. "Okay" he responded,smiling.

"Goodbye lill buddy"

"Goodbye Zee"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

[dedication >> @Narry_IsTheNew_Larry]

I love her story and seems like the feeling is mutual. 'The Devil's Toy' is awesome!

Oh and let me clear something out: Theo and Zayn now have a connection,so Zayn will hear Theo wherever he might be.

Also...comment! I wanna read your thoughts on this. -Adorcble.