Chapter 12.

« Niall »

"To do evil is more within the reach of every man,
     in public as in private life than to do good."
              -Samuel Parr.

The ride wasn't exactly the smoothest but it was a memorable one. Sure,there were several times we almost died but we made it out all in one piece. Zayn took us somewhere in the woods,apparently that's where they live. A huge mansion look-a-like house stood amongst the many trees in the woods,truth said perfect place to hide and can't be found.

When we finally came to a stop,Liam immediately jumped off Harry's bike still quite shaken up. "So....why all the way in here?" he asked.

"Well its got something to do with the fact that we can't easily be found or...because

Zayn here,likes his peace and quiet" Louis said as he gave Zayn a pat on the shoulder before opening the door.

The house was massive,even bigger from the inside than it was from the outside. Not a single thing was out of place. I have never seen something so clean in my whole life,so this was practically worse than Liam's OCD.

Harry took off his jacket,throwing it somewhere before taking a seat on the couch. "Bienvenidos a nuestra casa"

(Welcome to our house)

Louis frowned as he watched Harry with the same confused expression Zayn had. "When the hell did you learn Spanish?" he questioned.

While Harry and Louis were bickering,I could see Zayn at the very end of the room as he motioned me to follow him outside. I stood up and followed him down the never ending hallway until we reached the patio. Zayn stood with his hands behind his back,facing forward. I didn't know what I had to do,nor why he called me out here so I took careful steps till I stood beside him.

"You do know what you've gotten yourself into right?" he suddenly spoke.

To be honest,no. I didn't know. I couldn't recall anything I did that was bad and I am 100% sure that I've never seen those guys in my entire life. So why were they after me? After Liam?

I took a good look at Zayn. He was quiet and mysterious,he never mentioned anything about himself and I'm starting to think he knows more about me than anyone else.

The words came out of the blue. "Can I ask you a question?" I asked. He turned to face me as he gave me a small chuckle. "Go ahead,seems like something has been bothering you" he said.

Yeah,more like a few thousand things.

From that moment,my brain took over my mouth. I wanted to ask everything and he was giving me a chance to do so. I was so excited that I couldn't decide what I wanted to ask first, until...

"You seemed to have known those guys" I pointed out,remembering how pissed he looked at the sight of them. Even Harry and Louis seemed ready to blow their brains out. "So who were they?"

He slowly removed his hands behind his back,bringing them to his face. A sigh escaped his lips and he rubbed his palms against his face. "Those where The Reapers,our rivals or as you would like to call them,enemies."

"What do they want?"

"Wasn't it obvious Niall? They're after you. They are trying their hardest to get to you because unfortunately for you,you're now linked to me."

I don't   know who took the first step,but we were very close now. I could feel his hot breathe on my face and I could also hear the thump of his heart. The light eliminated his eyes and the were shining. Many emotions were able to be seen in those eyes but none of them could be read.

My hand found its way up to his face and he didn't seem to mind at all. it felt like the right thing to do at the moment. "Zayn?" I asked softly. He closed his eyes for a moment as he hummed a response before opening them again,looking directly at me.

"What exactly are you?"

For a minute there was silence. His facial expression had changed within the snap of a finger. He went from calm to angry,his breathing became uneven and you can see how he grits his teeth. Nobody made a sound,only the wind was able to be heard.

Zayn harshly grabbed hold of my wrists,taking my hand off his face. I knew better than to cry or scream because I wasn't going to act like a weakling and especially not in front of him.

Not gonna lie...Zayn had a very strong grip and yeah,I was in pain but I still wasn't going to cry. I believed that I was strong so I bit my lip to stop me from crying. But at the same time I also believed that Zayn would never hurt me intentionally.

As weird as that might sound,its true. Maybe I've hit a soft spot without knowing.

Moments have gone by and we were still staring at eachother,till Zayn pulled away.

"That's enough questions for today"

After that he turned away and disappeared into the house once more. And I was left alone with my thoughts,standing outside in the cold.