Chapter 4.

« Niall »

"My sleep wasn't peaceful,though. I have the sense of emerging from a world of dark,haunted places where I traveled alone."
                    - Suzanne Collins,Mockingjay.

I've been awaken from another nightmare by the chippering from the birds in the early morning. However,it wasn't the normal time I'd wake up.

I would always complain how fast the night disappears and how I would still be tired after 8 hours of sleep. Wanting nothing more but to stay curled up in my sheets and sleep a bit longer.

But ever since these nightmares began,sleep was no longer pleasant for me.

I find myself wishing that the night would go by even faster,just so I can see the rays of sunshine once again.

I now fear the dark. Hell,I even fear my own shadows and it's all because of him.

My parents raised me to be a good Christian. They took their time to teach me the difference between wrong and right,and made sure to have Greg and I ready for church first thing Sunday morning.

So being the believer I was raised to be,I know that I must have done something to deserve this punishment.

God punishes the ones who have done wrong,so I definitely must have sinned.

But the question was: what did I do?

My thoughts were interrupted by the knocking outside my door,probably Liam checking up on me.

"Yeah?"

And I was proven right when a smiling Liam came in,carrying fresh new towels into the room. "Someone's turning into a morning person I see?"

Liam Payne has been my best friend for ever since I could remember. His parents were like my own,which was the reason we grew up together.

"Nah,I'm probably getting tired of you dragging me outta bed by my ankles"

He rolled his eyes as he threw the towel in my face,causing me to let out a slight chuckle.

"Get ready,alright. We're leaving in 10"

I gave him a nod before I made my way into the bathroom,locking the door behind me.

My reflection was interesting to stare at,almost like I was staring into my own soul.

I splashed some water on my face and tried it with the towel as I let my eyes trail back to the mirror above me,only to find that my reflection was no longer there.

Suddenly something was flickering in the mirror,almost like my reflection was trying to come back,like a scrambled channel.

My palm has been placed onto the mirror as I leaned forward to take a closer look in the mirror as I saw dark figure appear and disappeared as fast as it did.

Some mysterious force caused me to smash into the mirror,almost like someone was trying to pull me in from the other side.

As I hissed in pain,I quickly retrieved my palm from the mirror who now had a large crack to find it bleeding.

My reflection was back.....but now it was smirking at me.

The eyes slowly began to run down the face,almost as it were a liquid. The once blonde hair of mine was turning into a pitch black one and the face was also beginning to dissolve itself.

Before I had time to process what the hell was happening,the other figure began to scream as blood trickled from his mouth to his neck.

I yelled,harder than I've ever did before as I fell onto the tiled floor,backing away into a corner.

"Missed me?"

I didn't know why,but knowing that it was him made me calm down. Which was weird because it was terrifying and I was scared shitless.

"Oh,bloody hell it's just you"

The figure was still there,with no eyes may I add,smirking at me. Even if he didn't have his eyes,I could still practically feel his glance piercing into me.

"What do you mean 'it's just me'? Didn't you miss me at all?"

"You scared me half to death!"

I found it weird that I knew he was rolling his eyes at me because well,he had no eyes.

"Don't be like that babe,I was just having a bit of fun"

Supporting my weight on whatever I found,I managed to collect myself from the floor as I scoffed when I heard his words. This guy was unbelievable!

"Fun!? You call scaring me till I almost had a heart attack fun!?"

"Well--"

His words were cut short when Liam came running in,banging on the bathroom door. "Niall,you alright in there"

I silently cussed under my breath,taking a look back at the figure. "What's your name?" I asked.

The smirk he once had vanished and was now smiling at me. "You'll find out soon"

When I opened my mouth,Liam was already yelling once again,indicating that I didn't have much time left.

"Niall Horan if you don't open this door I swear that I will break it down"

So I decided to try again,hoping that I'd get an answer this time.

"When can I see you?"

But all I got was his short response,before he left.

"Soon...."

I hoped that he would return after a couple of minutes,but when I realized that he wouldn't return I finally opened the door to revile a slight confused and concerned Liam.

"Are you okay,mate?"

I didn't trust my voice enough to give him an answer so I just forced out a smile instead.

"What happened to your hand?"

Shit. I completely forgot about that.

Being my hand up to examine it,i try my hardest to brainstorm for a smart answer because Liam James Payne is a hard man to fool.

"I slipped and I cut my palm when I tried to hold on to something to prevent me from falling,which unfortunately for me happened to be the mirror"

He didn't seem quite sure with the answer but surprised me when he bought it anyway.

"Hurry up then would you,we're going to be late"

I took one last look at the mirror as I head out of the bathroom to get dressed while I continually repeated his words in my head.

"Soon. I'll see him soon"