Chapter 14.

« Niall »

Questions. So many of them,but none that can be answered.

I know that there's this saying that goes something like curiosity killed the cat,don't get me wrong,I wasn't trying to be noisy and butt into other's lives,I just wanted to know more about Zayn.

Why did he get so defensive about my question?

Speaking of the devil,he suddenly now stood in front of me with his arms crossed as he stared down at me with a bored look. "Follow me"

I blinked a couple of times,open and closing my mouth before actual words cane out. "How did you do that?"

He didn't respond my question,instead be just rolled his eyes,walking out. I took that as a sign to follow after,so I did. Zayn already sat on his motorcycle,tapping his foot impatiently as he waits for me. "Where are we going?" I asked,wearing the helmet.

"You ask a lot of questions" he said. "But to answer that,there's some place I'm bound to be"

I scoffed and held onto him as he drove through the streets. It wasn't my fault I asked plenty of questions,he was the one who never answers them. The desire to ask him why the hell he was suddenly acting like such a prick all of a sudden was there,but I knew better than to ask because I knew the he would flip me off.

After a while of driving I recognized the familiar surroundings. We stood in front of Greg's house. "How do you know where my brother lives?"

Zayn simply just chuckled,getting off his bike. "Oh please,what don't I know?"

It was almost midnight so I had to make sure we wouldn't wake Greg or Denise up. "Zayn what the-" he already picked the lock and was now entering the house.

Oh hell no.

I quickly followed after,seeing him making his way to where ever he was going with no problem at all,almost like he already knew his way around the house. "Zayn!" I hissed.

He turned around,finding me being afraid,very amusing. "Would you chill,everyone's already asleep,well...almost everyone"

Just as I was about to ask what he meant by that,he opened the door to Theo's room. 

"Zee!"

Theo immediately dropped his bear and scrambled to the side of the crib where Zayn stood,smiling at the boy. "Hey there buddy" he said,picking Theo out of the crib.

"Zee,you bring unca Ni! Hi unca!" Theo waved. I smiled and returned the gesture,"Hi Theo"

Zayn carried Theo towards me,handing him over with a smile still on his face. I never knew how close they were,guess I'll never get to know quite a few things but maybe I will,time will tell. I ruffled my nephew's hair,making him giggle before handing him back to Zayn,who gladly took him back.

"Ready for your daily bedtime session bud?"

Did he just said daily?

Theo gave him a nod,clapping his hands. "Unca Ni Ni sing a song!" he squealed. I leaned forward,pressing a kiss on his cheek as I shook my head.

"Sorry little man,It's you and Zayn's bonding time don't let me intrude"

I bid Theo goodnight and headed to the living room. Moments later I felt the couch dip beside me,there was no need to guess who it was. "He's asleep"

Nodding,I remained still. He awkwardly scratched the back of his head as he looked at me. "Tell you what,how about you ask a few questions and I'll answer them...depending on the question"

I was surprised to say at least,but I couldn't complain,he was willing to cooperate with me. "Really?"

"Really" he nodded. I sat crossed leg in front of him and he did the same. What was I going to ask first?

"The guy who's always terrorizing my sleep and intrude my dreams" I finally found one. "Was that you?"

"Yes. Indeed it was"

"Okay.." I nodded,scrambling my brain for more questions. to frustrating how many questions I has for this guy and now suddenly,i can't come up with none. "How come you can hear Theo? Like...how do you know he needs you from a million miles away?"

He shrugged his shoulders,laying back on the arm of the couch. "We have a connection,me and him." He answered.

"Ever since that horrible chapter in your life,he didn't want me to leave and it pained me to leave him behind when I know he was terrified so I did what I thought was right at the moment"

I sat there,letting all the new information sink in. That explains it all,he casted some sort of spell on my nephew. What the hell was this guy? Is he even real?

"Zayn...how do you do the things you do?"

For the first time today,he turns around with a smile on his face. Sure,that might count as something.....except for the fact that the smile was down right creepy as hell,almost like he was fascinated my the most wicked things.

"Oh sweet cheeks" He said.

"That's for me to know and for you to find out"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N: I feel like I'm spoiling you guys with chapters....BUT I just figured out where exactly I want to go with this story so it's okay.

Anywho... who's ready for some major psychotic showdown!? My other demonic side wants to show itself everytime I wanna write so I should apologize if this story accidentally turns into a horror story after this.

And also... thanks to @zouisxcstasy for the motivation because without it I would be sleeping instead of writing. -Adorcble.