Chapter 13.

« Zayn »

"The evil man is within every foolish man
      who is hidden by a kind man."
                 -William Graham

Times like these are the ones you'd actually sit down and pay attention to all the small details you wouldn't see during any other time of the day because you would be simply too busy to care. I was too pissed off to be bothered by anyone else,that was the reason I was now sitting on the bedroom floor,finally taking notice of all the little chippers of paint and cracks in the wall.

I also came to the conclusion that I didn't really like the color of the wall,so I made a mental note to buy another can of paint. These were all the things that catches your eye when you have nothing else to do.

"What's with all the sulking?"

Harry jumped off the metal bars,dusting himself off before taking a seat on the ground next to me. I just shrugged and continued to stare out the huge window in front of us,watching all the stars in the sky and wondering if there's any other planets out there to be discovered. I wondered about many things,but mostly about what our next move will be.

"So....I saw your fingerprints marked on Niall's wrist" Harry said in a serious tone. "Might telling me what happened?"

My fingernails automatically began digging into my skin. It wasn't one to talk about my past,everyone else knew that too and so someone knows better than to bring up my past. Harry noticed the fresh blood that was now dripping from my arms and his facial expression softened. "He asked about you,didn't he?"

I gave him a curt nod and he draped his arm over my shoulder. Why was it so hard?

"Listen Zayn,I know it has been hard for you and I know it still haunts you but you've got to learn how to let go. The damage had already been done and there's nothing you can do about it. Embrace what you are-"

I punched the wall,cutting off Harry from his so-wonderful speech. "You don't get it!" I yelled.

"And you probably never will! I simply will NOT or EVER embrace what I am. I'm a goddamn monster Harry! Let's face it,we all are. Some worse than others but what we are is way beyond that"

Harry agreed to my theory and said that I had all the right in the world to be the way I wanted to be.

"But there's more to that,right? You don't want Niall to get close so he wouldn't get hurt" he pointed out.

My outburst was now long forgotten as I replied Harry's words in my mind. Niall was what everyone was after,even us. The danger that later came along with it,was what got me so protective over him.

"Do what's right,mate" Harry patted my shoulder,before leaving.

He was right,I had to do what was right. Niall wasn't in safe hands and it pained me to think about what could happen tomorrow but for now all I had to do was to keep Niall safe.