Chapter 9.

« Zayn »

"In the lands of God's and Monsters,I was an Angel living in the garden of evil"

        - Lana Del Rey.

I saw him. I saw him clearly,and he was just simply beautiful. Even more now that he was up close. His blue eyes were piercing into my own,many emotions swimming through those beautiful eyes of his. We just stood there on the bleachers,in each other's arms,staring at one another.

I could feel how his heart raised at the sight of me. I saw how his adam's apple bobbed when he was nervous,I saw how he carefully fiddled with the loose strand of my shirt. I took notice of every little thing,but he just doesn't know. Nor he ever will.

As cliche as It would sound,it was like everything around us stopped,that nothing else mattered except for the fact that we were now here,together. Seconds went by that soon became minutes,on its way to turn into hours and we still stood there,or it felt like that at least. I grew nervous by the second,but it never showed. What if he didn't want to see me?

Niall continued to stare at me so I knew that he wouldn't be the first to speak,meaning that I had to speak up. And so I did.

"Hello,sweet cheeks"

He seemed relieved and also confused when he heard the nickname. Without thinking,he hugged me tighter as he buried his face in the crook of my neck and that's when I felt the weight being lifted from my shoulders.

He needed my comfort. He wanted me here.

"Zee?" His voice was just above a whisper,if you didn't listen carefully enough you might have just missed it. But luckily for me,i paid attention to every little detail when it came to him.

I wrapped my arms around his small frame,holding him as close as possible. In hopes that this would never end. "I'm right here,there's no need to worry" I rubbed his back as I whispered things in his ear so he could calm down. But all good things come to an end.

I remembered what I had to do. I couldn't be close to Niall,I'd only hurt him. He deserved better than me. Who knows what I would do? I might just wake up someday,not in the the right state of mind and do something I would soon regret or worst of all.....I might ruin him. Those thoughts woke me up from my silly day dream,of course this would have no chance of working out.

Niall was a pure,happy,loving and caring soul. I was the complete opposite. I was a monster. I had committed the most sins out of the thousands of people living on this planet,I absolutely didn't deserve Niall.

Anger flood through my veins and I knew that  I had to let Niall go,but Niall had other intentions. As I began to remove my arms away,he took my hands in a firm grip,pleading me not to let go.

"What's wrong?"

"I have to leave" It pained me to say it,but he deserved to know the truth. I knew I had to walk away before I hurt him any further. He didn't seem to take my answer very well,he only gripped my hand tighter and whispered "don't leave me"

Niall finally understood that my intention wasn't to stay so he finally let me go. "Wait!" he yelled "What's your name?"

I took a step forward,cupping his face in my hands before letting my lips linger on his forehead.

"Zayn" He gave me a slight smile,almost afraid that I wouldn't want him to smile. I would love to stay and tell him how wonderful his smile was,but time was running out.

"See you soon,blondie"

And with that I left,leaving a very confused Niall behind.