Chapter 10.

« Niall »

"Life is risky,
            Love is dangerous
                    Both are worth it"
      -Unknown.

"Zayn..." Ever since I've gotten to know his name,it hasn't left my mouth. Not even once.

His name just rolls perfectly from the tip of my tongue. I found myself enjoying the sound of his voice,wanting nothing more than to hear it once more.

He was something else,he was something special. I wasn't sure what it was but he was different from everyone else.

Every part of him screamed danger but I couldn't help wanting or even wishing to figure what more there was to him. To know how he was able to do all those terrifying yet amazing things. He's also human,or at least he was,that's for sure. But.....what happened to him? What could have happened that he became what he was?

Liam carefully entered the living room,placing the tray onto the wooden table. I wasn't in the mood for tea,but I had my manners so I thanked him anyway. I think he noticed that something was bothering me so of course he went all "Father mood" on me.

"Something has been bothering you" he said,taking a sip of his tea "Care to share your thoughts?"

"I don't know...it's just"

Liam placed his mug down before giving my knee a gentle squeeze "Complicated?"

This is why I loved him. He understood me better than anyone. He took his time to know me,something that nobody else bothered to do and now he knows me better than myself. Our botherhood keeps getting stronger within every passing day.

"Yeah...there's this guy and his appearance just already gives you the dangerous vibe,he seems intimidating but....that just pulls me closer to him,ya' know? Whenever I'm around him I feel safe and well,I don't know"

I scratched the back of my head,avoiding Liam's glance. Afraid to be judged by my own bestfriend,even though that had never happened before. But hey,there's a first for everything right?

Liam didn't judge,or yelled at me. He simply cleared his throat and spoke up.

"You can't judge a book by its cover,Ni. He may be good underneath it all,you said it yourself you feel safe around him. Just give him a chance,yeah? Just as long as he treats you good"

I gave him a smile as I leaned forward,bringing him into a tight hug "thanks Li". He had the idea that I knew Zayn.

Boy was he wrong.

Liam just thought that Zayn was a normal scaring looking dude that I knew.

If I told Liam the truth,I would never again be able to leave the house without him trailing behind me. For a moment everything seemed perfect,me and Liam hugging,our favorite song playing in the background. Nothing could possibly ruin this moment.

Or so I thought...

It all happened in a blink of the eye,glasses shattering and having banging on the door,making us jump behind the couch. Before we knew it,the house was filled up with smoke,the door has been broken down and quite a few men entered the house.

"Find him,NOW!"

Liam carefully nudged my arm,pointing in the direction of the bathroom door who still stood open. "Let's go" he whispered. And so we crawled from behind the couch to the bathroom. Once we made it,the door had been shut and locked in the quietest way as possible. "Liam,what the fuck is happening!?"

In case you still haven't guessed it..I was having a panic attack. You see,ever since I was little I used to get panic attacks and I,Niall James Horan was well known for getting panic attacks at the worst time as possible like now for example.

"Oh shit,Niall now is not the time to have a panic attack! Nevermind let's just -um think,how do we get out?" His eyes landed on the shower curtain,and a smile broke onto his face. Oh this is not good.

The footsteps outside were getting closer. I had no idea who these people were or what they wanted but one thing was for sure: they weren't here to have tea and read books. Right just as the bathroom door was about to break down as well,Liam had already thrown the shower curtain over the window to use it to escape.

"Come on Niall!" My arm was being yanked towards the window where I was supposed to jump. Anyone would over think this situation but in our case,we didn't really have a choice. It was a life or death situation.

"There they are! Get them!"

"JUMP!" We jumped out,lucky to land on our feet and began to run. "Liam,what now?" Our feet were moving faster than they've every  moved before. None of us thought where we had to go,and to honest it didn't really matter. "Not really sure but - oh fuck,they're following us!"

I took a look behind us,only to see cars and several bikes hot on our trails. Unfortunately for me,I wasn't watching where I was going when we made a sharp turn which in resulted that I bumped into something - or rather someone.

"Hey,watch- Niall?"