The End Of The World pt 2

(Tw for like not gore, but it's war so like slightly gore)
*

||The End if the World part 2...

The stillness shattered like glass as the Hulk launched himself at the opposing side, leading the charge, roaring as he flew through the air. The monster's began their assault as well, running forward to meet the Demigod army in the centre of the field.

Piper watched the first wave or arrows sail over her head as she ran, cutting down the front line of monsters before they even clashed in the middle, though it did nothing to stop more monsters taking their place.

The two sides collided as the last wave of arrows rained down around them. The sound they made as they met on the battlefield was loud, metallic and fearsome. Roars and cries broke out across the field underscored by an orchestra of clanging metal and bone.

Piper was thankful, as chaos erupted around her, that Hazel and Nico were on her right and Annabeth and Percy were on her left. Grover and a few of the warrior Nymphs had already been drawn into a fight with a group of Cyclopes and Piper could just about make out Natasha, Steve, Thor and Tony making their way through some Basilisk's heading undoubtedly for the Ministers.

A roar brought her back into her senses as she tensed scanning for the perpetrators. And there, standing formidably before there small group, no less than two metres to their right was the Chimera and the Manticore, who seemed to of made there way through the waves of Monsters to the heart of the battle.

Piper lowered herself into a fighting stance. Her heart was beating wildly as adrenaline pummelled through her veins. She remembered the last time she had been at a battle with the Chimera, how they fled to save their lives, but this time she was prepared. She was armed and ready and most importantly she also had Nico, Hazel, Annabeth and Percy with her. A team more than capable to send the monsters before them back to the pit in which they crawled from.

The Demigods advanced, following their instincts as a team, they had fought together before and they quickly sunk back into that lethal routine.

The Chimera roared for a second time, and from its unholy Goat head spat a vat of fire that would of incinerated them all if it wasn't for Percy, who was wielding water like a second sword next to riptide. Following the Son of Poseidon closely, so to not get burned, Annabeth and Piper struck quickly, making the first attack against the Chimera, aiming for the snake-head-tail as Nico and Hazel covered their backs from the Manticore.

"You will lose puny mortals" snarled the Manticore out of its disturbing human face stuck onto its horrible monster body. It rose in height as it sized up the underworld children before it attacked.

"Yeah, yeah, yadda, yadda" shrugged Nico uncaringly as he swiftly raised his sword to block a poisonous spike the Manticore had short from its scorpion tail. The Manticore snarled and attacked again. Quicker than before.

Hazel raised her shield ducking her head behind it and subsequently dodging being impaled by another spike from the Manticore as it sunk into the wood instead of flesh. She picked up her pace, running closer with the intension of landing a killing blow to the beast with her sword, only to be send flying back by a large swipe of the Manticores lion paws.

Hazel landed a few feet away, thankfully unscarred, her breastplate had taken the damage, glinting now in the sun with claw marks across it.

Annabeth slid out the way of a stray spike from the Manticore as she advanced on the Chimera, which was conveniently spitting fire and acid everywhere, doing its best to make it a real pain to get close enough to it to kill.